Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn electro-magnetic throttle lock

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:08 PM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kuryakyn electro-magnetic throttle lock

I'll ask the question that I think the answer is obvious - does the system need the hand lever and grips for it to work . If so,are the hand levers chrome? secondly are the installation instructions good enough for dummies ?
tia grzly

Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Waltman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: grzly

I'll ask the question that I think the answer is obvious - does the system need the hand lever and grips for it to work . If so,are the hand levers chrome? secondly are the installation instructions good enough for dummies ?
tia grzly
I read the instructionsfor the installationand assuming you have ALL the tools, AND the time, AND the patience, AND you knowwhat you are doing,it can be done. I'll pass, just want to keep things simple.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:36 PM
mikeshog
Cruiser

To answer your questions you don't have to use the levers--your own will do but these are pretty sweet and they are chromed. You do need to use the Iso throttle grip--it has a plastic ring on it where the steel plate fits into--which is what the nagnet grabs to hold the throttle in place when activated. Something you need to know while you are looking for the clutch nuetral wire--at least on my '07 heritage the black wire with the tracer is on the clutch (left) side wireing harness along the frome under the seat. While you are checking with the test light--on my model the clutch switch registers hot to the positive side of the battery, not the negative side. Seems backward but the HD mechanic stated it took him a couple days to realize it was reversed from what he expected. The other two wires, brake and accessory, are tested with the light from the neutral side. Also the installation was a bit tedious, especially the cable ferrels on the throttle/idle cables but not very tough. The only "special" tools are a split ring pliers and a test light. If you have torx, screwdrivers, needle nose and other standard tools alls well. Good luck, once done very nice.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:06 PM
GMul
Advanced

ORIGINAL: mikeshog

Something you need to know while you are looking for the clutch nuetral wire--at least on my '07 heritage the black wire with the tracer is on the clutch (left) side wireing harness along the frome under the seat. While you are checking with the test light--on my model the clutch switch registers hot to the positive side of the battery, not the negative side.
Installed my throttle lock today. Your tip was a great help, thanks.

FWIW to others interested: M&M Cycles sells the kit for $144.00.

Gary