Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

considering a fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:34 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: considering a fatboy

Coaster:
It's always good to be cautious, when entering into any relationship. And I'll even settle for the fact that men and women think differently (generally speaking). But, I think if you go into a relationship thinking positive (and I mean any kind of relationship, doesn't even have to be boyfriend-girlfriend) results might be more on the positive side. If you go in thinking this will never work, and I'm taking and I'm NOT giving....well, then...I think you can figure that one out for yourself. You get what you give.

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience when it comes to the "love" department that has caused you to find women (in general) so unrelyable. Don't give up on finding someone that has the chemistry that would make a great partner. Nothing is ever guaranteed.

Compromise and giving forth trust (even a small amounts at a time) are key components. Also, thinking of women as "chicks" and that they "come and go" doesn't help either. If you give attitude you will get it in return. Women might challenge you and even sometimes down rightly be rude to you.... but you have to admit.... so will men.

The world is full of idiots out there and even some not-so-nice people. Don't make a generalization about anyone because of a bad experience. You may think it's easier that way, but your missing out on a lot of good people out there. Learning from our mistakes is a good thing. Even bad experiences are a neccessary evil. They help make up who we are. Use them to your advantage do not let them limit you.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Bikergirl, I'm with you 100%. I strongly believe 'you reap what you sow'. My experience goes back some years and I am way past it. When I read this post though I was reminded of that time. I bought a brand new car for my girlfriend who I was convinced I would marry and spend the rest of my life with. We lived together for many years. To make a long story short I remember talking to the salesman when I signed all the papers and he dropped a comment about what he thought of making this kind of financial commitment for my gf. I just thought 'yeah right'! But it did have a bad ending (real bad ending) and his words echoed in my head.

But I like how you think. Makes a lot of sense

Old 01-20-2006, 12:07 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear it, Coaster! Ya had me worried there for a minute. I'm glad you have moved on. Good luck, buddy.