Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

considering a fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:00 PM
gasman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: considering a fatboy

Love That Fatboy.............

Old 01-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Wolf
Road Captain

I can't recommend a Fatboy. I love my 2005 Fatboy, it looks great, rides great, it runs great, and it's a very easy bike to ride. It has plenty of power for me, and there's nothing I don't like about it.

That said, look around on this forum and you will be told the "Twinkie" engine isn't going to last long, is inferior to a non-counterbalanced engine 88 engine, the 2005 and 2006's have an oil useage problem, and the cam chain tensioners will end up ruining your engine unless you change to gear drive cams.

All that said, I don't give a damn about any of the last paragraph and my bike has none of those "problems". I am kidding in my first sentence. I highly recommend the best selling bike that Harley makes. Remember, he who has the money has the power. Girlfriends come and go.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Peck
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a softail about 4 years ago and it is fine for around town solo riding and even some touring solo. As the years go by I found that touring is what I enjoy the most so I picked up a 06 street glide last weekend so I can two up tour more comfortably but still have a clean cool younger guy touring bike. I kept the softail for around town it is just too much fun to get rid of, I built up the motor on the softail and not only do I have too much money in it but it is also paid for so I kept it for around town fun. The one who signs the check and makes the payments decides.

Peck

Old 01-18-2006, 05:13 PM
chunks
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

uh...er...ummm....FATBOY!!

Old 01-18-2006, 09:39 PM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member

Im Biased I love my Fat Boy. Get the bike that "Screems TAKE ME HOME" If your g/f likes the Fat Boy and you don't get it what better way to see whats she's made of. Just my .02

Old 01-18-2006, 10:13 PM
nutsy
Tourer

this gotta be the sweetest fatboy i ever saw.
ORIGINAL: FatBoy2five0

Hey vega I to debated over the deuce and the fat boy , but alas The FATBOY found its way to my heart. FAT is where its AT

Old 01-19-2006, 11:27 AM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser

New bike is a hard choice. You have to go with what YOU want. I was in the same boat this past year and went from a street bike to a Harley. Never rode a cruiser before so didn't know what to expect. I listened to what the dealer had to say about ride and safety and decided upon the Fatboy. I'll never regret that decision. Alone or with my girlfriend is a smooth ride all the way.

Remember, Chicks come and go......Harleys are forever!

Good luck wth the decision

Old 01-19-2006, 11:31 PM
VegasFatSE
Advanced

I went with the FatBoy. I do local riding only. Not more than 500miles from home. I work too much and don't have time for road trips right now. When my FB is paid for I will be right back at the dealer buying a touring model. Comes down to #1 what you like. #2 how you ride. I can tell you all my friend have saddle bags, they are great. I sure miss having them but I like the looks of my SE FB without them. So there you go #1-vs-#2

Old 01-19-2006, 11:55 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Speaking from a "chick's" point of view .... I USED to be THE girlfriend, NOW I am THE wife (have been for almost 30 yrs)... I ride my own '02 Fatboy. Luv it, wouldn't trade it for the world...Wouldn't trade hubby either...and hopefully, he feels the same. He rides a Heritage Softail. Remember there are those of us who will support our significant others interest. Even to the point where it can be a passion for both of us. Ya can have BOTH ya know!

I really resent the fact that these goofs think so little of a man's commitment to the woman he cares about. That is really shortsighted guys! If this is a serious relationship...I'm sure you can work it out. It's a hard choice when you are choosing between 2 great bikes. You have to ask yourself, how you would use it most of the time. I put a lot of miles on mine. Very comfortable and easy to handle. I just pack it with luggage and go. Tough decision...good luck!

Old 01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40
I really resent the fact that these goofs think so little of a man's commitment to the woman he cares about. That is really shortsighted guys! If this is a serious relationship...I'm sure you can work it out. It's a hard choice when you are choosing between 2 great bikes. You have to ask yourself, how you would use it most of the time. I put a lot of miles on mine. Very comfortable and easy to handle. I just pack it with luggage and go. Tough decision...good luck!
There's a difference between the way men and women think. I'm happy for you and your hubby that you have a great relationship. But that's not always how it goes. I do like your optimism though. I guess I've just become somewhat cautious due to a bad experience. I try to learn from my mistakes

Quick Reply: considering a fatboy