Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally pulled the trigger - 08 FXSTC

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Finally pulled the trigger - 08 FXSTC

Welcome to the family!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:33 AM
lanceo70
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the the new bike. I was wanting the softail custom but went the cheaper route and bought an 06 Softail Standard only because I would of changed all the custom features anyway

[IMG]local://upfiles/21023/15EBFC3B6840410BB3D4B74A39B70F0E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Finn111
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 3' should be perfect, I'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam and added the Ness 3"ers. still a little cramped for me but better than stock for sure. How is the Retro King/Queen seat for comfort? I was looking at one because it seems to sit you back a little more than the stock seat does.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 AM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good choice !!! I have 2,700 miles on mine since Aug. Can't stop riding it. well, I couldn't unit I tore it down this weekend. I have parts all over the garage.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:52 AM
captain m
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the club!!!! I had a 97fxstc,put 64000 miles on it,got pissed at harley for dropping it from thier line,bought a streetbob in 06 and traded that in in 07 for an fxstc(blk)and am in the process of putting an inverted front-end on it(chrome)........ ENJOY !!!!!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Finn111

The 3' should be perfect, I'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam and added the Ness 3"ers. still a little cramped for me but better than stock for sure. How is the Retro King/Queen seat for comfort? I was looking at one because it seems to sit you back a little more than the stock seat does.
I don't think it's as comfortable as the stock seat, but it does drop you down about an inch and back just a hair. It's not as soft as the stock seat, and doesn't have as much back support. The longest ride I've been able to do with it was about 175 miles. My butt started to hurt just a bit toward the end, but nothing that was unbearable. My seat is still pretty new, though, so it might just need to be broken in. For longer trips, and especially if my wife is riding with me, the stock seat will go back on my bike. The stock seat is just a more comfortable seat, but the King/Queen seat looks nicer in my opinion. One of these days I might have the King/Queen seat modified with some memory foam so that way it would be as comfortable, if not more comfortable, than the stock seat.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:46 PM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice choice! I think the first thing I would do is lower the rear. Get that big tire tucked into that fender.

It looks like you and Live2Ride has similar taste in scooters!

Old 01-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Finn111
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

ORIGINAL: Finn111

I don't think it's as comfortable as the stock seat, but it does drop you down about an inch and back just a hair. It's not as soft as the stock seat, and doesn't have as much back support. The longest ride I've been able to do with it was about 175 miles. My butt started to hurt just a bit toward the end, but nothing that was unbearable. My seat is still pretty new, though, so it might just need to be broken in. For longer trips, and especially if my wife is riding with me, the stock seat will go back on my bike. The stock seat is just a more comfortable seat, but the King/Queen seat looks nicer in my opinion. One of these days I might have the King/Queen seat modified with some memory foam so that way it would be as comfortable, if not more comfortable, than the stock seat.
Thanks for the info. I sat on one at a dealer and thought it might be too hard for longer rides. I'll probably just send my over to Meancity and have him re-do the stocker. But I do like the looks of yours.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:22 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Ofcourse he got the correct color - BLACK - Which is better and faster than any other color. Congrats -If you like it as well as I do with my 07 FXSTC you'll be okay.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts

Yeah, what they said about the King/Queen is true. It is a bit harder. But it is still comfortable. because I am tall, I like how it sits me in instead of on the scoot.

The way it's set up now is perfect. it's in the 50s tonight though. Still a touch too cold for us Florida boys. I know I'm going to get flak for that one. If I ws taking a road trip, sure, but for local riding, it's a bit much.

I like the controls where they are, but I had 3 inch extensions on the 93 dyna I had back in the days, and they were better. have you seen the black diamond billet grips from Harley yet? They look awesome. If I go with a set, it'll be those, and so it looks like either the ness kit or something from Harley this time around.

Any advice on an oil pressure gauge? I had one on the King, but it used to tear my leg up, and it wasn't lit, so forget about checking it at night. I may end up with one on the bars with that custom gauge kit, if it'll fit.

Also, does anyone run a tach on a FXSTC? I looked for one, but everything I looked at seems to say, everything, but not your bike.

So far I am loving every minute of it.

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the trigger - 08 FXSTC