Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SO ****ING PISSED

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:37 PM
deadduck357
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SO F*CKING PISSED

ORIGINAL: mains835

how bad are the scratches? if they arent to bad you could sand it to bare metal and have it chromed or powdercoated. Same with the none welded one grind it down and have it welded. It's not that big of a deal it might cost you a little extra but it is going to get you on your bike sooner. People are just so dependent on the dealers when you could easily take it into your own hands and fix it.

Come on, im spending $20,200 on the bike and another $1,700 for the SE 103" Big Bore II kit, and this is what u think i should do on a brand new bike !

Old 01-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Waterse
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, this is a Harley after all, not a Honda. We pay a premium for these bikes and they should be held to a higher standard. After forking out 20k for a bike you should not have to be fixing things, even if you can. It's your bike, make them deliver or tell them to shove it.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:41 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts

Hmm, Harley's fit & finish has been pretty good lately. If you're dead set on that model, I'd just wait for another one.

I saw my 1st Rocker in person yesterday. It wasn't the C, it was the other one. The silver anodized? parts look like
plastic or silver spray paint. I'm sorry but I was not one bit impressed. It was just ButtUgly !!! A hodge podge of parts.
The Deuce tank doesn't even go with the over all lines (if this model even has that).
I see the look they're trying to capture (Big Dog Choppers etc) but they missed the mark. And that seat ??!! I can't wait
to see the pedistal seat on that other one. Parden me while I go BARF!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 03:43 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,305 Likes on 2,559 Posts

You got a lot more patients than I deadduck. With a comment like that from anyone in that dealership I would be demanding to speak to the owner and firing off e-mails and phone calls to H-D.at the same time.That's **** poor customer relations after a 7 month wait.
ORIGINAL: deadduck357

WHAT? i have been very patient, eager maybe, but come-on. hell they want me to make a decision between the two swingarms. asked them about a new one and they said the next would probably look just like this one.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:26 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to agree with byersmtrco, I saw a Rocker C in person today and was not impressed. If that is the bike you want then they better make it right or tell them they can shove it up their ***.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:30 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,951 Likes on 22,548 Posts

Again; tell em' to make it right, or else....

Old 01-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

It should be ALL gold plated for $20 grand.
Tell them they have two weeks to make it right or stuff it.
[/align]

Old 01-26-2008, 04:54 PM
scottylj
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree - f*#k that, you pay good money for a new bike.

"NEW" is impotant word here, not some "second".

The MOCO talks up all the technology that goes into making the bikes (tolerances and paint finishes, welding techniques etc. etc.) and then they think that you will accept a second rate attempt.

They should remember that customers are hard to find, difficult to keep and easy to loose.

If it aint right don't let it out the door.[:@] [/align]

Old 01-26-2008, 05:15 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would not take it until it is perfect. I would also call MOCO and see if they will just send a different one. There are several dealers who have them on the floor can you cancel your contract on this one?

Old 01-26-2008, 05:26 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,951 Likes on 22,548 Posts

Tell em' for the hassle that you want a chrome swing arm or wait another month or two and get the newest thing, the "Cross Bones", which will probably have an easier resale if you want to unload it, at least by the responses of this forum so far.....

Quick Reply: SO ****ING PISSED