Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker-What Would You Change?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 06:42 PM
jackusan
Cruiser
Default RE: Rocker-What Would You Change?

I got my Rocker today and put 60 miles on it. The seat is a little thin, I guess because of the passenger pad hidden underneath.It needs a little denser foam. Also, I would change the pipes. They sound pretty good for stock pipes, but they are basically the same pipes I had on my 85 Wideglide. The forks could be wider, but the forklegs are really beefy and the chrome is outstanding. I would leave them alone. That's about all I would change on mine. Vance and Hines Big Radius will be going on mine when they become available.

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:05 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

Definitely needs a tank lift. I agree on the side mount plate and i would probally scrap the diving board rear seat and give all the buyers a suction cup p-pad. Then again, thats all stuff that could be done pretty easily by the buyer...a V&H big radius and fork mounted signals would be nice too.

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:35 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

ESD,Its not trying to be anything other than what it is. Leave it be. It is what it is. One BAD *** HARLEY DAVIDSON[:@]

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:43 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

Yep, your right and if that was intended for me you can check all my other posts that I would have bought one if they were on the floor in october when i was in the market and bought my fb. Questions was what would you change and i answered...If it wasnt then soapbox off

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:34 PM
DrunkinFugger
Intermediate

I think if you lowered it 2" you wouldn't need the tank lift.
Jackusan, How are the handle bars? Would T-bars with a 6" rise bang on the tank? I want this bike but the handlebars are the only deal breaker for me.

Old 01-22-2008 | 12:25 AM
DrunkinFugger
Intermediate

Edited for lack of sobriety.

Old 04-24-2008 | 09:04 PM
skycrane
Intermediate

terribly fugly looking bike. I'm sorry but "cough,cough" Victory's bikes that came out years ago have nicer lines than the rocker. And I hate the Victory stuff. Everyone is right, the seat to fender is all wrong. The tank looks weird and positioned way too low. The only reason they are selling out is because there's about 1 per dealership right now. They are also way late coming out, apparent problems with them right from the get go....

Old 04-25-2008 | 09:11 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: skycrane

terribly fugly looking bike. I'm sorry but "cough,cough" Victory's bikes that came out years ago have nicer lines than the rocker. And I hate the Victory stuff. Everyone is right, the seat to fender is all wrong. The tank looks weird and positioned way too low. The only reason they are selling out is because there's about 1 per dealership right now. They are also way late coming out, apparent problems with them right from the get go....
Your comment is way late, this post is from jan. Its a dead horse. Go crawl back in the hole you came from. Gee Wiz!

Old 04-25-2008 | 12:29 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

rock this

Old 04-25-2008 | 04:53 PM
rockzilla
5th Gear

You know if you bought a stock bike straight off the showroom floor and didn't want to change a thing I'd probaly say you had a personality disoerder...or none at all!

Quick Reply: Rocker-What Would You Change?