Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker-What Would You Change?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 08:07 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Default RE: Rocker-What Would You Change?

I'd change:

The bars/risers - The stock setup doesn't allow any way to adjust them. If you want to change the bars, you have to change the risers because the risers are built specifically for the stock bars.

The tank - It needs be lifed a bit in the front. Also, I'd get rid of the indention the badge sits in. If you didn't want the badge on the bike, there would still be a Harley logo shaped indention on the tank.

The front end - It really needs a wide-glide front end. A springer front end would be nice too. The front end that's on it now just doesn't work with the bike because it's too narrow.

The seat - I don't mind the fold-out seat. I think it's a pretty original idea that serves a purpose, although it would look stupid if the owner rides with the seat pulled out while riding solo. However, I think the seat needs to sit down further into the bike. It looks like it sits too high up for that style bike. I know it needs the room because of the fold out seat, but maybe an aftermarket seat would look better on it.

The wheels - They need to be chrome. It looks like HD really dropped the ball. They put quite a bit of money into the design of the bike, but then added polished wheels....?

The license plate - It needs to be moved to the swingarm. It just looks out of place on the rear fender.

The Rocker - I don't see a reason to have the regular Rocker. They should just have the Rocker "C" with a seat option.

The name - "Rocker" just sounds like a name that wasn't intended to be around for a long time. It sounds like a fad.

Although I think the Rocker was a great marketing strategy to try to gain back market share from the custom bike builders, I think it would have been smarter to just modify the Deuce. In my opinion, they would have had a damn nice lookin' pro-street style bike if they just would have put a 240 rear end and wider fender (obviously) on the Deuce, and maybe added a couple more degrees of rake to the front end.

Old 01-21-2008 | 09:04 AM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

I like the idea of putting the rocker setup on the back of a duece! I had a deuce and loved it. I like that pro-street look.

Anyway, I'd lose that 19" front wheel in favor of a fat 21". The seat setup has to go to. The speedo does look like an after thought.

Other than that, It's okay. Just not worth all the hype IMO.

Old 01-21-2008 | 09:12 AM
scorp58
Cruiser

I'd get rid of that rear fender setup and have it attached to the frame and not the swingarm to cover that huge *** gap between the seat and rear fender

Old 01-21-2008 | 09:47 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

I'd loose all that grey metal and just have one the "Rocker C".
Why do they need two models?
Do they have two models of anything else?

...and I'd lift the front of thetank.

Old 01-21-2008 | 09:51 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

Take the rear tire and swing arm, put them on a Standard or a Custom and scrap the rest.
Agreed!!

Never cared anything for that piece of cut up/no shape thing that is called a fender on the duece either.

Let's re-design that too. Very dorky.

But then we'd be right back at the softail standard, which is where all your cool lookin' bikes come from anyway.

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:02 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Texas Fat Boy

I'd loose all that grey metal and just have one the "Rocker C".
Why do they need two models?
Do they have two models of anything else?

...and I'd lift the front of thetank.

Yes the softail standard,custom,and night train

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:27 AM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

I think the question should be "What Wouldn't You Change?" Maybe then our responses wouldn't be so lengthy, and I could get on to another topic. [8D]

Seriously, it doesn't matter. They'll sell wll, despite my opinion of it being the most god awful bike, it will sell... I think you'll be seeing a lot of them on Cycle Trader and Craig's List next year though. If you want a custom "chopper" styled bike, build one.

In summary, the hype is huge... For now. Waituntil everyone gets one, and realizes the ride is just as bad as any other Soft Tail, that the aftermarketfor this bike will be playing catch-up for quite some time, and the pure fact that the Yamaha Raider and Victory Jackpot spank the chit outta this machine for a fraction of the cost.

IfI were tobyone, it would have to be paintedgreen, and the words "Money Pit" would be done in gold leaf on the side of that ugly tank.

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 01-21-2008 | 11:37 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

AHHHHHHHHHHH man after reading this thread again....

We all would do nothing different than what we have on our bikes already we would make it our own.

Only a crazy motorcycle rider would buy a bike that already cost $20,000 and then tear it apart put another $10,000 in chrome or black powder coat to make it in HIS mind perfect.

Thats why iam waitting on my pipes and forward controls and and and and. LOL god the MOCO and the aftermarket field loves US.

Old 01-21-2008 | 02:18 PM
06train
Road Warrior

That freekin skyhook seat..

Old 01-21-2008 | 03:54 PM
07fxdwg
Road Captain

I would widen the wide glide rear fender to fit the big tire.
Runa inner mono shock off the front of the swing arm
A wide Glide front end with the same rake and Street Slammers

Quick Reply: Rocker-What Would You Change?