Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want new pipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
mfelsk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: want new pipes

i should have put that i do have a stage 1 kit and SE 2 pipes. i bought it this way and i think that the pipes look like crap so i want to get new ones from reading your posts im thinking that i have to do the programer if i want to do the new pipes.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:16 PM
mfelsk
Advanced

hey mother how do you like the pipes? im looking for something that is going to be louder than the SE pipes but i want it to be loud and deep. my buddy has the V&H short shots and it isnt deep like i want did you loose any lowend or did you gain a little?

Old 01-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The quiet baffles really help .... Almost pulled them off until I tryed them...

Old 01-19-2008, 11:25 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: mfelsk

i should have put that i do have a stage 1 kit and SE 2 pipes. i bought it this way and i think that the pipes look like crap so i want to get new ones from reading your posts im thinking that i have to do the programer if i want to do the new pipes.
If that is the case then you probably have the Stage 1 down load from HD (take it to a dealer and they can check on that for you). If that is the case then you can change out your pipes without worring about anything, the down load is a richer fuel map for running free flow exhaust and intake (although not much richer). You will get your best performance from a PCIII or Fuel Pack or SERT along with the benifits of running cooler with more power.Take it to the dealer, ask them if you have had the stage 1 down load, and if you have youll be fine, but realisticlly, you should get a fuel managment system to optimize everything.

Chris

Old 01-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Jzabel
Tourer

ORIGINAL: mfelsk

hey mother how do you like the pipes? im looking for something that is going to be louder than the SE pipes but i want it to be loud and deep. my buddy has the V&H short shots and it isnt deep like i want did you loose any lowend or did you gain a little?
You want loud and deep....get big city thunder baffles and place the top baffle as far up as you can, place the bottom baffle about half way. Mine is loud enough that at idling thru a car parking alot, it'll set off a car alarm.

PM me if you want more details.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:16 PM
kmh54
Advanced

Don't let them try and sell you fuel packs or power comanders. Ifthats all you going to do as far as engine up grades then do the stage 1 with the pipes. It will run fine.