Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom paint job.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:13 AM
fcpeters
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: custom paint job.....

Try this website. My bike was painted just last week and Dwayne did a fabulous job. Viking CycleArt is located in Ocala.
.www.vikingcycleart.com
Good luck.
Bill

Old 01-17-2008, 10:47 AM
powdercoater
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Jzabel

I'd like to go local (same state) if possible but not necessarily...I'm open..

thanks for the links everyone..
I have an awesome painter here in NC I'd refer you to but you seem to be keeping your location a secret. Did I miss that info somewhere? I even checked your profile. Help us out a little.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Jzabel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang....sorry...eastern NC...greenville

Old 01-17-2008, 01:15 PM
powdercoater
Road Captain

You'd be hard pressed to find a better custom painter in NC than Grammer Custom Paint & Airbrush; 910-723-0563. He painted the winning bike in the 2007 Texas ROT Biker Build Off. Let him know Roger From Final Touch Powder Coating sent you... he'll take care of you.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:48 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any reason against Attitude? Scottdoes 2 and 3 color jobs with no flames, really anything you want. I've seen quite a few custom jobs and for what you pay, I haven't witnessed any better. He painted mine and it is flawless.The folks at the local dealer (Rocky Mount NC) even commented on the quality of finish, and then were drop jawed at the price.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: mojojones

Any reason against Attitude? Scottdoes 2 and 3 color jobs with no flames, really anything you want. I've seen quite a few custom jobs and for what you pay, I haven't witnessed any better. He painted mine and it is flawless.The folks at the local dealer (Rocky Mount NC) even commented on the quality of finish, and then were drop jawed at the price.
I dont know what price you paid but... I paid a fortune. Then I got a scratch on the front fender and he wanted $900 to FIX it. Not repaint the entire fender, fix it.
Theres no doubt Scott is good. But alot of his work looks the same. You can pick his flame jobs from a mile away.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:03 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

www.bdcycles.com Bryan is the man and very resonable. Several of the bikes he has done has been featured in magazines and one of them is on the cover of one this month. He painted my last bike and will be painting my SG whenever I get enough money to get it done. He will be at the Easy Rider show in Charlotte next weekend.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

WOW, the paint work airea5150 does is sweet. Might be worth a road trip when i get ready for paint.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:18 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: brihvac

I dont know what price you paid but... I paid a fortune. Then I got a scratch on the front fender and he wanted $900 to FIX it. Not repaint the entire fender, fix it.
Theres no doubt Scott is good. But alot of his work looks the same. You can pick his flame jobs from a mile away.
Would you have known Scott did mine? I won't argue about the price....I paid a lot, too. However, considering I changed my mind about the oil tank (which he went and picked up for me), air filter cover etc...and changed my mind about paint about 3 times right up until the graphics went on, he did right by me. The exchange thing is nice, too.

When it comes to paint, you'll get what you pay for. I paid a bit more going through Attitude but got a GREAT paint job.

QUESTION: If he wanted $900 for the fix, what did you end up paying for it? Got any before/after pics of the repair?

Old 01-18-2008, 06:13 AM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: 4merRacer

ORIGINAL: brihvac

Would you have known Scott did mine? I won't argue about the price....I paid a lot, too. However, considering I changed my mind about the oil tank (which he went and picked up for me), air filter cover etc...and changed my mind about paint about 3 times right up until the graphics went on, he did right by me. The exchange thing is nice, too.

When it comes to paint, you'll get what you pay for. I paid a bit more going through Attitude but got a GREAT paint job.

QUESTION: If he wanted $900 for the fix, what did you end up paying for it? Got any before/after pics of the repair?
I had a before pic but you cant see it from the picture. But I ended up sanding it down and repairing & priming the bad area, then I had a local guy airbrush a grim reaper on the repaired area, then I wet sanded theentirefenderand had thewhole fender cleared. The whole job cost $200 ,and even though I really didnt want to airbrush the front fender, it looks pretty good. The picture doesnt do it justice. It does look good.

Please dont think Im bashing Scott. I have no complaints except I feel that since I was a "repeat" customer that I thought $900 for a repair was alittle steep. Also his crab claw style flames are easy to pick out. I have had people at shows ask me if Attitude painted my bike because they have seen other Attitude jobs and they look like mine.
By the way.....This bikes for sale. I want to sell it to pay off my Nightrain.

Quick Reply: custom paint job.....