Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deciding between Rocker & Deuce

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:25 AM
kuleli
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deciding between Rocker & Deuce

If I were you, I choose Rocker c. Great looking bike. But I would wait for the next year. Because this is the first year. It is risky. I am sure there will be few recalls after the delivery due to production.
When fitment equipment available and Rocker C is popular , in my opinion not before than 2 years, I can decide to change my wg.

Anyway Harley is the legend no matter which model you ride. Get one.

kind regards

06 wide glide

Old 01-28-2008, 10:13 AM
captain m
Road Master

Put the deuce and the rockerside by side,then bring on the softail custom.No dilema here!!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:43 PM
MartyF
Cruiser

I just bought a Rocker C and love it.I also like the Deuce. Both are great looking bikes. The reason I bought the Rocker was because IT WAS DIFFERENT. I don't mind change. I also love the 240 rear tire. My plan when I was looking at the Deuces and NT's was to convert them to 240's so I saved myself some money. In the end it is up to you and which one you like. Don't let narrow minded people make the decision for you. Just my $.02
The above quote accurately sums up my thought process after my demo ride with each model. I do like both bikes, but in the end I pulled the trigger on the blue Rocker C that I had originally ordered. Buying a bike is truly a very personal decision. That being said, it was also helpful to have different perspectives just to keep an open-mind.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:51 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres my take on it...

i actually was looking forward to viewing the rocker... after seeing it, although i like the bike, i would not buy one... its just not for me... i'll stick with the fatty.

so now my dealer has both the rocker and boner side by side. i viewed them together just today. the black nostalgia look is not for me either but... forced with a choice between the two... i think id take the boner. after a quick showroom inspection, the only thing that bothered me about the boner was the way the abs below the seat met the fender. it was malformed a bit and there was a space clearly visible... gave it kind of a "chincy" look

Old 02-01-2008, 07:02 PM
thall
Road Master

DUECE that what you need

Old 02-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say Deuce. Something that's been around for a while, and I'd guess you could customize the s**t out of it (hell, you could surf the net forever and still not see everything).

Chicks dig Deuce pilots. Everything else is just a plain Softail.

:-)

Cannon

Old 02-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 212 Likes on 131 Posts

IF you keep it for a while, the Deuce will be more of a novelty. I have a feeling the rocker will be ok. I saw a different seat for it. But first year bikes always have nitnoids, so be prepared.

There is a point where too far and too much comes into play. Now that new x-bones will get a second look from me. But no way in hell am I doing anything but keeping the custom.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:08 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,718 Likes on 22,478 Posts

In reality, no one really cares what any one else rides, or rather shouldn't. I guess that the person who started this thread, was trying to get the participants to sell or not sell him the product, along with their opinions of which we all know are just like.........., of which everyone has... Personally, I don't think that it takes any tallent or style to ride or buy a stock bike and then say,
"Wow, look what I have", because any other person can go and do the same thing.

However, when you customize it, then you have something, until then it's just a stock bike..
Nothin' more, Nothin' less..