Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG membership

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008 | 07:58 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: HOG membership

I belong...but HOG is a bit too clique'ish for me.
Mostly people complaining about how many other people do less work than they do...
and how many more riders should become involved and can you believe that so-and-so wore
something that wouldn't be caught on me if I were dead...blah, blah, blah.
OK...they may raise money for jerrys kids (I do that on poker runs) and they may ride
to dinner (I can do that too). Just sometimes, I do not care for the better than thou
'tude.

It may just be me though........

Chuck

Old 01-17-2008 | 01:37 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

ultra,
I'm from hawaii glad you had a good time here and met some good friends. I keep the HOG mebership just for the road side service. Other then that they charge a pretty penny to attend
thestate ralley i think it's like 55.00 early reg. 65.00 on the day of the ralley for a pin, t-shirt, and small kind cook out at the beach, it's not for me but glad you enjoyed it.The dealer here
gives 10% off only to local chapters only now, a few years ago you would get that for being a national member. Aloha

Old 01-17-2008 | 12:22 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: story808

ultra,
I'm from hawaii glad you had a good time here and met some good friends. I keep the HOG mebership just for the road side service. Other then that they charge a pretty penny to attend
thestate ralley i think it's like 55.00 early reg. 65.00 on the day of the ralley for a pin, t-shirt, and small kind cook out at the beach, it's not for me but glad you enjoyed it.The dealer here
gives 10% off only to local chapters only now, a few years ago you would get that for being a national member. Aloha
When we went to the Hawaii rally, they provided a LARGE dinner at the Dole plantation ballroom, the cookout at the beach. We were there in '06, so we got to experience the earthquake that shut the island down. We couldn't get gas on Sunday, so we had to turn the bike in that morning. They had coffee and doughnuts for us at the dealer (Cycle City). They rented 15 passenger vans and took us out on the routes that were to be that day's ride. They had lunch for us, and there was enough left over that we were able to take some back to the motel with us that night. This was a blessing, because the lights didn't come on until 11 that night. There were NO restaurants open.. no electricity.. they couldn't cook. Our now good friends Honcho and Shirley took us out in their truck to see some additional sights near the restricted observation area.

Old 01-18-2008 | 01:44 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

yes you are right about the dinner it's not my thing seemed like a prom for bikers, just kidding?
well like I said glad you met some good friends here and maybe we'll meet some day at one of the hog rallys here yo never know? will you guys be coming back soon? I bought my bike from cycle city and do still buy some parts from them but i seem to like Dominico's better there a little more
like family you know thats what hawaii's about anyway you ride safe Aloha - Mark

Old 01-18-2008 | 11:35 AM
G5jive
Cruiser

LAME.

Old 01-20-2008 | 02:15 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

wus up G5jive,
good to see you still in the saddle! any more vids coming out?

Old 01-20-2008 | 06:47 AM
Gunny07
1st Gear

BensonJV, You motivate me!

Old 01-22-2008 | 04:50 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

My wife and I joined our local HOG chapter. (After joining the Nat'l org of course...) We go to the monthly meetings, and did the "Ride For Dad" with some people from our chapter last summer. We've yet to go on any of their weekend rides, mainly due to a busy personal schedule, not because we don't feel welcome. The folks we've met seem friendly enough. I think it is like anything though; you get out of it what you're willing to put in to it. We're hoping this coming season allows us time to get a little more involved. If after this season (our second) we find we still don't have time to commit to anything other than the monthly get togethers, we might just keep the nat'l mbrship, and drop the local.

Old 01-22-2008 | 04:59 PM
BigMike17
Road Master

Never used anything that came with my first year, so did not renew...

Old 01-22-2008 | 11:07 PM
renoa18
Tourer

I have no problems with the national chapter. Not much to joing the local chapter. I ride alone most of the time.

Quick Reply: HOG membership