Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally saw a Rocker in person. Blah.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:46 PM
asputin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Finally saw a Rocker in person. Blah.

everyone remember the hype on the v-rod? there were shows on cable about it.this is pretty much the same.think id rather have a rocker than a v-rod.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:17 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Folks,

Who cares??? If you like it buy, it. It is like saying "do you think the Electra Glide standard is a bitchin' bike"?

People usually will side with what they have purchased, i.e. I love the softail custom and I would never buy any other model.

Does it really matter if you like the Rocker or Rocker C? Buy what you like, and to He** with what others think about your purchase. I by what I like (currently have an Ultra Classic) and am seriously considering a Rocker C. Why, because I like the way it looks. Kind of like picking a wife or girlfriend. If you don't like the looks, that cool with me, but I'm buying it for me, not you.

Concerns for me would be why the he** are you so late in getting this product out, when you stated it would be released in August? Serious questions for the MoCo to answer.

Also, I think the Rocker C fold out seat option looks like chit. If I do get one, the seat will be the first thing to go as soon as the aftermarket choices are available.

Again, buy want you want and don't give chit about what others think of your purchase. A strong mind is a tremendous asset.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:09 PM
ultravista
Road Captain

donk_316, I'm with you. I really don't care for the look. Very radical but not for me.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:31 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Well I finally got a chance to see one up close today and here's what I wrote in another thread about it.

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

Well I was out and about today so I stopped in at two dealers to see if they had one or not that I could look at.
Unfortunatly I didn't have my camera with me so no pic's. I know I thought it too, Boooo, Hssss dummy you forgot the camera. But In my defence I didn't expect to be stopping in or seeing one.
Anyway Stan's HD in Batavia had a "nice" black C version. So here's my "take" on it.
I like the paint color (big surprise right my bikes black too) and liked the flames. Not to "cheezy", not under done either. Its a decent blend.
The rear fender is fiberglass and I'm not too sure I like that much. I understand that bending tin that far can get "interesting", and requires a really big punch press to do properly. Maybe the MOCO doesn't have the equipment for it. According to the salesman I spoke with the rear fenders are supposedly made by a vendor in Buffalo, NY.
And if you have any intentions of putting bags on it, forget it. There's nothing back there to hange them from. Its going to take some new kind of bracketry that replaces the passneger seat setup or something like it. S I doubt a lot of Rocker owners are going to be rideing there's anywhere really far away.
The drivers seat "looks" nice and thick, until you realize that it only looks that way so it can hide the pad for the passenger piece under it. That thing is stiff, but well shaped. So the jury is going to be out on that one for a while, but thepassenger "pad" is a joke. If I told my wife that's what she was going to be rideing on, she would have me drawn and quartered inside of 15 seconds.
That thing isn't big enough to handle anyone older than 12 and they better hang on good cause if they slip off when you crank the throttle hard its not going to do that big ole fender any good when they land on it.
The oil tank that I have never beentoo thrilled with is actually worse than I thought. That sucker is huge, but it has to be because that's where they hid the battery and all of the electronics. But they did put a nice cover over them.
The horn is moved to the front, so the good old oil cooler that HD sells will be a non-starter for it. Unless you move the horn somplace else first.
The coil is now where the horn was, and that's nice. But why the hell did they put the same ribs in it and paint it to match the oil tank.
The rear tire is HUGE!!! and looks really nice. Not sure how its going to handle, but time will tell. If I have any problem with it, its that the wheel they picked for it looks a little odd with so much empty space between the rotor and belt sprocket. I think a revamped Deuce,Custom, or even an older NT/Fatboystyled wheel might have looked a little better.
Overall I guess it OK, its a dead certainty that I'll be keeping my Custom for a long time.
But I think a lot of guys are going to love it. and to them I say enjoy. Its your money, buy what you like.
But there are others who, like myself, are going to need a bit more time and maybe time in the saddle to warm up to it.
Others are going to outrighthate the hell out of it, and say Harley went too farwith it.
To them I say, get real, it may not be perfect, but at least it still has an air cooled V-Twin and notthe VRod's Revolution or thenew Buell Rotax engine.

DD I hope you love your new bike as much as I do my old one and may you and it have many years of trouble and incident free miles together.
Good Luck

Old 01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Kevinc
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a Rocker C today and I thought it looked pretty cool. Mostly designed for bar hopping, but I liked it.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:52 PM
BlackDragon
Tourer

I rode one a few months back.
They had a Std and a C.
I rode the C in blue. Colour looks nice (not a fan of blue)
I think the front end looks funny being a narrow glide.
I think a wide glide or better still a invertered front end which is more hi tech to match bike.
Foot pegs are to low and the tooth picks hanging out the end scrap really easily. Not a bike for cornering on.
I think a 3" ext on pegs and lift them up a bit would make a huge difference.
Also change bars. personal opinion. 3/4" bars would look good on the inverted forks.

The bike seemed to ride ok with no tell tale sighn that U were on a huge back tyre.
The speedo is the Ugliest thing I have seen. looks like they buit a custom bike and said "O" **** we need to put a speedo on go grab one.

I would not buy one only because I feel I would have to spend so much to make it look ok and ridable.
I think if your taller than 5'10" it may feel a bit short.

look at the front pegs they don't come straight out but dip down first which I think makes them scrape so soon?

The c looks heaps better than the Standard Grey stuff. Looks like sandblasted and covered with primer.

Just my thoughs.
Hope those that get them post pics of them and what mods they do.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:36 AM
G5jive
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: rockerheadsteve

mplecha, I got your rub. SWINGIN. All you people that has a pic on this thread, your bikes are common. The rocker c is the best looking bike Harley has ever built. And each one of you realize this. Ya'll are not in the position to purchase one, and it kills you. I love the speedo and the trick seat and i'll ride it solo with the seat up, to show it off. Looks great up. My ROCKER "C" will be here by the end of the month. Cant wait or sleep. Cant picture feeling this way if I ordered a common bike like ya'lls. I wouldnt have to order it. Just ride domn the road and buy it. PEACE OUT.
Uh, ok. My guess is the rest of the 4th graders in your class will be impressed.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd be bothered to jive turkey.