Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally saw a Rocker in person. Blah.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Tailspnr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally saw a Rocker in person. Blah.

Well maybe it's like with a body style change in the auto industry......it usually takes about a good year before the changes grow on most people. Personally I dont see it ever growing on me, but then again I never thought I'd like the new Dodge Ram trucks either and now I do.

I will be interesting to see how folks customize these bikes and what they look like afterwards.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems people keep thinkin' that the passenger seat on the Rocker C will be left in the "out" position when riding solo. The seat will be tucked away and hidden when riding solo. The seat would only come out when there is actually someone sitting on it. And then it would be hidden. Of course the bike looks odd with the seat out and no one on it. The seat is purpose driven. It is a solo bike with a passenger option. In my opinion, it's genius. The bike obviously isn't made to be a touring bike. It's more of an around town or bar hopper bike. It's great for a single guy who goes to the bar and meets a nice single woman he wants to take home. He can then pull out the genius passenger seat and ride a few miles back home. I doubt Harley intended that seat to becomfortable for the long haul. It was designed to be an option. I'm not a huge fan of the bike, but I don't think it's that bad. I think it was a great marketing strategy to take back some market share from the custom bike builders. I'd like to see one in person and sit on it and feel it before I form a stronger opinion on it. As of right now, I think it's a decent bike (once they get the issues worked out), but it's not for me. I look forward to seeing what people do as far as customizing goes. There could be some really cool lookin' bikes.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:46 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

too much hype

Old 01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea lots of hype.............just what we want!
I have to agree with everything Love2Ride said.
Until this thing comes out everybody will have some kinda opinion.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Mother
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I still want to reserve final judgement until I see one in person, but overall I think it looks pretty good as long as that passenger seat is stowed away. The main things that bug me are the weird speedometer and I think they lowered the front too far.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:25 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mplecha, I got your rub. SWINGIN. All you people that has a pic on this thread, your bikes are common. The rocker c is the best looking bike Harley has ever built. And each one of you realize this. Ya'll are not in the position to purchase one, and it kills you. I love the speedo and the trick seat and i'll ride it solo with the seat up, to show it off. Looks great up. My ROCKER "C" will be here by the end of the month. Cant wait or sleep. Cant picture feeling this way if I ordered a common bike like ya'lls. I wouldnt have to order it. Just ride domn the road and buy it. PEACE OUT.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Steeltoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rockerheadsteve

mplecha, I got your rub. SWINGIN. All you people that has a pic on this thread, your bikes are common. The rocker c is the best looking bike Harley has ever built. And each one of you realize this. Ya'll are not in the position to purchase one, and it kills you. I love the speedo and the trick seat and i'll ride it solo with the seat up, to show it off. Looks great up. My ROCKER "C" will be here by the end of the month. Cant wait or sleep. Cant picture feeling this way if I ordered a common bike like ya'lls. I wouldnt have to order it. Just ride domn the road and buy it. PEACE OUT.

Well I guess he told us!!![sm=bs.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 06:32 AM
springerbadboy
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Steeltoe

ORIGINAL: rockerheadsteve

Well I guess he told us!!![sm=bs.gif]
Guess he did. Like the old saying goes, to each is his own. Everyones got a different taste. Dontthink that I realize that the rocker is the best looking bike HD ever built though, and my bike is far from common.. show me one like it.... by the way, MY TIRES FATTER!! NA NA NA NA..

Old 01-15-2008, 07:10 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I guess you haven't heard they are making more than one rocker and by next season they will be as common as any other factory produced bike. Do not forget every one of these bikes was a new model at one time before they became common as you put it. I would not be in any hurry to get rocker right away being a new production there is sure to be un foreseen problems

Old 01-15-2008, 07:24 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

To each his own I guess. Personally I'm more of a traditionalist and the Rocker or Rocker C just doesn't cut it for me.
I haven't had the pleasure of trying one yet, but I'm sure its a nice neough bike, as far as it goes. After all it does have a niceengine. But overallits nowhere near nice enough, "IN MY OPINION" to make me sorryI jumped at the chance to get aCustom, a year before the Rockerwas announced.

On the contrary, I think it makes my virtually stockCustom look that much better in comparision.

There's just too many details on the Rocker that I just can't seem to see past. The oil tank, speedo, rear fender, seat, wheel choice, all the parts that make a Rocker a Rocker are the same ones that sort of stick out as "sore thumbs" to me.

I'm sorry if you don't like that opinion, if you like it, more power to you and enjoy it. But don't come here and try to tell me in a round about way that I'm afool for not recognizing theRocker as being the last word in Harley's.
I'm sorry you think that way, cause it ain't gonna happen. When it comes to Harley's, there's far too many of us old farttraditionalists out there.

What's more likely to happen is thatits going to be the next "Deuce", around for 6 or 7 years then replaced with the "next" new thing. All while the more traditionaly styled Softails willbe churned out by the thousands.

But, that's just MY OPINION, and opinions arelike a$$holes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Quick Reply: Finally saw a Rocker in person. Blah.