Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Partial Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Partial Stage 1

ORIGINAL: bensonjv

Marines did similar for us when I got back. We had a week before we were cut loose on leave or allowed to go anywhere. It gave time for observation of everyone and briefings to ID and educate everyone on possible combat stress. (We learned a lot in the years after Viet Nam and are applying those lessons with quite a bit of success.)
That makes good sense. When I (and a lot of other guys) got back from Viet Nam we went from soldier to civilian virtually overnight.
Itook a chopper back to the base from a patrol on a Friday afternoon and was out of the Army and in my parents house 12,000 miles away before noon on Monday.
Talk aboutshock, it was to say the least VERY STRANGE. Even the weather was whacked out. It was nearly 100 degrees and 90%+ humidity when I left and when I got off the plane inNew York City it was around freezing and sleeting.
Glad their doing a better job "re-acclimating"you guys to the "World" or "Land of the big PX" (as we called the USA) these days.

Welcome Home, and Thank You.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Yosemite
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice to have another guy back safe...

As for the Big Sucka, it is a fairly easy install.

You remove the old filter and backing plate, and tubes... install some breathers and new tubes to the new backing plate and bolt it up. Uses the stock air filter cover unless you bought the big one. You'll need hex sockets and a torque wrench that does inch lbs.

You can get the ecm upgrade for about $250 at the dealer, or buy an aftermarket product.

You can certainly hear it sucking more air when you open it up.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Mike05
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome home and Thank You for keeping us safe and free to ride!

I put the Vance & Hines True Duals on my FLSTC along with the H-D SE Stage I air cleaner and V&H fuel pack. I did it all at the same time and did the work myself. I changed the football air cleaner cover to the the H-D round smooth unit. Now I need to change the cast aluminum back plate to a chrome one. That aluminum showing against the black and chrome engine is just wrong! True duals were $500.00at American Classic Motors, Fuel Pack was $203.00 at Rob's Cycle and the SE Stage I was $107.00 from Zanotti in Butler PA. I added the quite baffle set for $56.00 and the fish tail tips for $156.00. All in all, I got the sound, look and performace I wanted for a about $1,022.00. (Wife said "WTF??". .... Ithought it was a bargain).