Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bigg Muff

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 12:36 PM
8 UP
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bigg Muff

Install the parts you want, then ride the thing and see if it needs to be remaped.
If it runs good, save your $$ and buy some outher stuff.
My .02

Old 01-11-2006, 05:05 PM
AISTQM
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

V&H Longshots HS include the quiet baffle. I have them on my bike and the sound is what I wanted. The picture was taken before they were installed.

Old 01-12-2006, 03:09 AM
cstephens01
Advanced

The remap is only necessary if the bike is not running properly(missing,running rich or lean) this is what the dyno tells you...Most of the time you can get by without the tuner and remap. Keep in mind the remap itself should take around 5 hours if its done right, and normally put about 60 miles on your bike...but be careful some stealers will tell you that you need all the bells ans whistles for the bike to be "right"...Make sure they show you the print out of the dyno without the remap (one willl be without mods, usually blue or blk line and one will be with mods (pipes,SE air cleaner etc) if both are smooth without alot of erratic movement then you probably dont need the remap...and then like 8 up said "buy some more stuff" !!!

Old 01-12-2006, 10:50 AM
witch1
Novice

Interesting. If this is true concerning remapping the efi, Why is it the dealers telling me it's very quick they plug into a computer and download a patch to the bike.

Old 01-12-2006, 03:15 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the hyper charger is probably over rated but mine looks so good
ony hp gain might be at the higher revs but the looks are what sold me and
the price is no worse than most setups

Old 01-12-2006, 07:26 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I thought we we're talking about something else here. I was expecting pic's of some sort.

-grimm

Old 01-14-2006, 07:54 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: cstephens01

No you dont have to do a remap on every pipe install !!! I did the Vance & Hines big radius and the Screamin Eagle air cleaner on my 06 FXSTI, I went ahead and bought the race tuner...but when they did the dyno it ran smooth and I gained about 11 horse so they didnt need the tuner or a remap.(gave me my money back).bike runs great !!! So dont let the stealer sell you something you dont need !

Chris

Not trying to contradict what you are saying here, but that's probably the only bike I have ever heard of that had pipes AND a SE stage 1 installed and didn't need some kind of remapping or enrichment of some sort. These bikes run very lean from the factory, so lean in fact that many had drivability issues with them, and with the pipes and stage 1, it would be excessivly lean for sure. Did they use a sniffer to gather the AFR when they did the dyno pull? Something doesn't sound right here.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:58 PM
cstephens01
Advanced

The dealer did the install on my pipes and the SE air cleaner, they first told me to get the Power commander or race tuner but had some problems in the past with the power commander (they said troubles down the road) so thats when I decided to go with the tuner...The dealer said the Race tuner takes 5 hours of remapping (have to completely rebuild the ECM) so I was planning on paying whatever it took..After two days I called the dealer to check progress, they said the bike dynoed perfect without the tuner/now Im not sure if they made any adjustments ? Or maybe I should ask you, is there any adjustments that can be made outside a PC or tuner ? How can I tell if its running lean ? I can call the dealer to see if they used a sniffer or not ! They put about 15 miles on the dyno..(said they would put around 70 miles on the bike if they did the tuner) Is there something on the Dyno sheet that showes the AFR ?

Old 01-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Tinker Bell
Banned

Dang! I thought there was gonna be some pictures or something relating to a BIG MUFF! I will have to say that it was a good way to get attention to your thread. But if you do have any Big Muff's please feel free to post them.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:17 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: cstephens01

The dealer did the install on my pipes and the SE air cleaner, they first told me to get the Power commander or race tuner but had some problems in the past with the power commander (they said troubles down the road) so thats when I decided to go with the tuner...The dealer said the Race tuner takes 5 hours of remapping (have to completely rebuild the ECM) so I was planning on paying whatever it took..After two days I called the dealer to check progress, they said the bike dynoed perfect without the tuner/now Im not sure if they made any adjustments ? Or maybe I should ask you, is there any adjustments that can be made outside a PC or tuner ? How can I tell if its running lean ? I can call the dealer to see if they used a sniffer or not ! They put about 15 miles on the dyno..(said they would put around 70 miles on the bike if they did the tuner) Is there something on the Dyno sheet that showes the AFR ?

If a dyno run was done and they used the sniffer, it would show in a graph at the bottom of the sheet.

Also there are no adjustments to be made on fuel injection (ECM) aside from the usual TPS/IAC and some others that would richen the mixture without a download or a fuel enrichment device of some sort. You may want to check with another tuner or dealer to confirm what you were told.

I'm not doubting your word here, but with the addition of pipes and air cleaner, I've never heard of a bike that wasn't real lean.You mention that you have a 06 FXSTI, this bike doesn't even have the 02 sensor system like the 06 dynas do so this is why I'm doubting what you were told. Even the 06 dynas with this system gets a download when adding the equipment you did to yours.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_224449/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Bigg Muff