Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson or Vance & Hines

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Jake and the Fat Boy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Samson or Vance & Hines

The quality of the V&H are much better then the Sampsons

Old 12-30-2007, 05:50 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

well if you read this thread it sounds like vance and hines has it all over sampson. the cracking thing seems to be a big problem and with that being said you asked for advice and i would say you got it. there should be no doubt at this point vance and hines makes a better product. now most who own sampson do not want to hear this but a lot of them guys bought the sampson before vance and hines came out with there duels and sampson was the only game in town things have changed now and i would bet sampson has felt it quite a bit.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:21 PM
mori55
Tourer

Most of you guys are tralking about the old style samsons. The ones that came out about twoyears ago are GREAT IN FIT AND FINISH. I have had them since they have come out.
The old style was crappy with pieced on heatshields. I would say after parking my bike next to a V$H fishtail mine looked and sounded better.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:00 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

lets face it what ever some one buys they think its the best or they would not have bought it. when some ones asks a question on this forum its always the same thing any one who owns a product usually endorses it. but this thread sounded like it ended up in favor of the vance and hines

Old 01-01-2008, 01:06 AM
maxum96
Cruiser

My buddy had Samsons on his scoot. After just 2 years the rear pipe broke about 2" from the head. Pipes didn't appear to be very good quality. He switched to Vance and Hines. Far better product.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:38 AM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Samsons on my rider and my wife has V&H BS longs w/quiet baffles on her Deluxe (they were on my ride first). For sound quality, Samsons sound better.I never liked the V&H sound, but the quiet baffles make it sound better. As far as quality, I think both are the same. I have had no problems with either on them. You just gotta figure out what style you want.

BTW...my wife now wants duals to go more in-line with the nostalgic look of a Deluxe

EDIT: Forgot to add something. If you want to use PCIII, you might need to get a custom map with the Samsons. I haven't seen Samson specific maps on their site yet. I emailed FuelMoto and they sent me one.

V/r

Old 01-01-2008, 05:42 AM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: crazybastid83

Do the Samson duals utilize the stock shifter rod or do they use an angled one?

It is a hard choice to make. Samson fit, finish and customer service sucks, but they are really the only game in town for duals on a softail. On the V&H true dual, they have a nasty crimp on the rear header for clearance and you are unable to use different mufflers.
You receive a new shift linage with the pipes and yes it is angled.

Also, I do believe you can't use passenger floorboards with V&H duals...Samsons you can.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 72,925 Likes on 21,998 Posts

Samson straight pipes (w/thunder monster baffles for just a bit of back pressure,wonderful sound,and increased TQ) really do it to it. Had em' on my 99 for 4 years, not 1 problem.
Went to a 2-1, and haven't regretted it.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:39 AM
mori55
Tourer

What i was trying to say is bfore you condemn the samsons , makes sure your talking about the right model, not the old style. Theres a major diff.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have HD pass. boards on kuryakyn mounts for my Deluxe with V&H duals. Had to do a little custom work, but that's what makes it fun. I also was able to utilize my HD shifter rod cover on my stock shifter rod with the V&H duals. I installed my own system, & have seen both systems up close & personal. That's why I chose V&H. Some people are looking for differentqualities or styles, that's why there are so many bikes, parts & accesories. It would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing! Sure lots of great advice & beautiful scooters here though!

Quick Reply: Samson or Vance & Hines