Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide saddlebags on a Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 05:16 AM
blk n wht hog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide saddlebags on a Deluxe

Im thinking of adding saddlebags to my 06 Deluxe and was wondering if any of you knew if the Street Glide or Road King bags would fit the Deluxe? I like the leather styles that I've seen offered here on the forum, but I cant get the thought of taking the S G or R G style hard bags and having them painted pearl white and vivid or pearl black. If it would be possible to add the Easy Brackets then I would be in Hog Heaven! If anyone has seen these styled bags on a Deluxe and know its possible please let my know. I don't post much but when I do, you can bet I have an itch that I've got to scratch! You all have never let me down and I thank you.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 AM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior
Default RE: Street Glide saddlebags on a Deluxe

I would like to see a pic of these on a Deluxe as well. I am picking up a set and want to be able to use them on my wife's Deluxe until I get a softy to put them on.
I would also like to know if you can use the easy brackets for the Deluxe bags (thereby making them detachable).

Old 12-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy brackets just bolt on, you drill holes, so most will work with them. That said, I think they will ruin hard bags.
There are many companies that sell bracket kits to adapt touring bags to softails.

Check this link out for an idea...
http://www.americanbagger.com/techst...ails.asp?SID=8

Old 12-24-2007, 05:39 PM
blk n wht hog
Cruiser

BB06FLHX and Rhubarb, sorry I hadnt gotten back sooner, but Im spending money of a different sort right now! Lots and lots of Christmas gifts! 06FLHX, that whole scheme you have is tha bomb man. I just think hard bags would look fantastic on a Deluxe. Rhubarb I can understand your point, by drilling holes the fiberglass would shatter in cold weather or from the strain of contents in the bags. Thank the two of you for your input..............

Old 12-25-2007, 05:21 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

You have a good point Rhubarb.

I checked the link you posted. Unfortunately that is not a quick disconnect kit (you would still have the bottom support bar on the bike).

I'll have to check into it more when I actually get the bags.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ez brackets offer no lower support. You could adapt them like Bluerose did with a t-strap from the construction industry and that might help.
I wouldn't want the heavy bags supported by the small surface area of the ez-brackets alone.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:07 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

here is a quick photo shoped deluxe with glide bags click on attachment

Old 12-26-2007, 01:30 AM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain

They look very out of place on such a nice looking bike. The lines don't match up. If you are looking for a set of hard bags a road king custom set of leather hards IMO are your best look! I would love to see a photo shop of the RKC bags on a deluxe!

Old 12-26-2007, 06:06 AM
Deluxe07
Cruiser

I'm thinking about bags on my Deluxe andwould also love to see RKC leather bags........anybody care to give it a go ??

Old 12-26-2007, 08:18 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

here is the deluxe with the road king classic bags position may not be perfect but it gives you the idea click on the attachment. I also think the bags Harley designed for the deluxe are still one of the best looking on it i know they are small but that was for a reason not to dominate the rare end they make a set of hard bags for the deluxe. yea every one is always trying to be clever exchanging parts from one Harley to another deluxe guys want the heritage seat and some one else wants the deluxe seat and so on and so forth. the thing is if you want the room in the bags the deluxe bags fall short in that area but for a clean fitting look that does not dominate they look good. the heritage has good size bags and thats one of the differences from the deluxe. a lot of deluxe owners would probably have been better off with a heritage and adding the things they like about the deluxe then they would have the good size bags and other features that it seems they are adding. recently marsh's bike was mistaken for a deluxe by a member they seem to be cut from the same mold . I was never a bag guy but i bought the deluxe bags and use them now and then and does the job for me. if i were one of the guys who bags is a must for then i would have gone heritage and done my mods to that

[IMG]local://upfiles/15715/D4BED349D78D4C20A149B3A2C2FFFE82.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Street Glide saddlebags on a Deluxe