Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Softail or RK

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006 | 07:17 AM
wrtnaz
|
Novice
Default Heritage Softail or RK

I am wanting to buy a HD and have narrowed it down to the Herritage Softail Classic or the Roak King Classic. I am stationed overseas right now and will not be able to ride either of these before buying. So please everyone give me their thoughts on what is the differences between the two and which one is best. I am 6ft3in and 250 lbs so the choices are partly because of size. Any pics would be appreciated since all I get to look at is the crappy colors on the HD websight. I know they are better in person. Thanks for all your help.

Old 01-02-2006 | 11:58 AM
VetteSiNz
Tourer
Default RE: Heritage Softail or RK

IMHO I'll chose Heritage Softail Clasic but either way you'll have a great scoot.

Old 01-02-2006 | 12:57 PM
sidewinder
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: wrtnaz

Any pics would be appreciated since all I get to look at is the crappy colors on the HD websight. I know they are better in person. Thanks for all your help.
Here is my Deluxe, basically the same bike as the Heritage less the dressing. If you look in the pic threads up top in in this forum you will see pics of all softails.

Old 01-02-2006 | 04:49 PM
dan789
6th Gear

I have a Heritage and my neighbor has a new Road King. They both have stage 1. I rode his once. It was very nice, but I like the Heritage better--it has a "sportier" feel to it. To me it sounds better and feels better--I feel more connected to it.

Old 01-02-2006 | 09:56 PM
richp5
Cruiser

I rented both (put 200 miles on both over the same stretch of fwy) and chose the Heritage Softail Classic due to the seating position. I felt like I was sitting "in" the bike as opposed to sitting "on" the bike but please note that I am only 5'8". For long distance travel I beleive the RK would be a much better choice. Also, the RK was much smoother over 80 mph.

Old 01-02-2006 | 10:01 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

The reason I picked a softail over the other bikes was because I liked the ideal of having a ballanced motor mounted solid to the frame verses the shaky rubber mounted motors. Ifn any way you could ride these would be you best bet. Youl have a nice bike no matter which one you get.

Old 01-02-2006 | 11:01 PM
LT753
Road Warrior

I own the Heritage and love it. BUT you really should rent a few different models and try them first hand. Then you'll find the right one for you.

Lynn

Old 01-03-2006 | 12:19 AM
Reddawg
Tourer

about 1 year ago I was asking the same question, I don't think you will go wrong with either one. I chose the RKC & I love it. I only have about 3k miles on her but have enjoyed all of them. if you plan to ride two up I would really consider the RK

Old 01-03-2006 | 01:03 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

RK is a nice looking bike, but it just didn't give me that special feeling when I sat on it.

I was down to heritage, deluxe or RKC. On paper, the RK made the most sense.

Emotionally, it was all deluxe.

Its hard to decide from paper, but rest assured that either one is a great choice.

Old 01-03-2006 | 01:52 AM
Finalcut
Road Warrior

You should strongly consider the fact that the H-C has a counter balanced engine, and the R-K does not. This is a big deal.
I won't own ant thing other than a Soft Tail.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2050/13D9B0532B8843A681EEC4B3F9AE0D1C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Heritage Softail or RK