Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Softail or RK

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006 | 02:18 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Default RE: Heritage Softail or RK

I too am overseas (Iraq) and I had the opportunity to go home for two weeks and sit on the Deluxe and RK Classic. Those were my two choices. I never sat on the Heritage; but I have to tell you---I absolutely loved the RK Classic. I rode them both---I chose the Deluxe because it was sportier and I could dress it "up" if I wanted. I felt like I was sitting in my truck when I sat on the Classic and I felt like I was sitting in my mustang when I sat on the Deluxe. That said--I loved the leg room and roomy feel of the RK. Like others said--I think you have to rent them. I'm not mechanically inclined---so I don't know much about the differences in engines. But the softail does make you feel like you're sitting in the bike vs on the bike for the RK Classic. If you haven't taken your leave yet---I would wait and go ride them like I did. I didn't commit until I got back to Iraq from leave.

Old 01-03-2006 | 11:10 AM
moggsy
Road Captain

Last night i went on a ride with a mate who recently purchased a rkc.Half way through the ride we stopped and swapped bikes.

Now i should say i own an 04'heritage efi.The difference as someone else stated is you sit "on" the rkc and "in" the Heritage.The rubber mounted motor vibrates a lot for a long haul cruiser and some would like that,i dont.The saddlebags on the rkc,although they look big, wont fit as much as the heritage ones.

Dont get me wrong.The rkc is a great bike and i'm sure you would be happy with it but imho the heritage is a better bike to ride,sportier and more versatile.I feel part of the bike.I also like to strip the bike down with no bags etc.

You are lucky,either way its a win/win. Buy what gets the juices flowing and what YOU really want.The world would be a very boring place if we all rode the same bike.

Good luck !!!!!

Old 01-04-2006 | 10:40 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

I already posted on one of your earlier strings so won't go into much more detail except to say that in that other string you did mention both your weight (you've dropped 5 pounds-congrats!) and that you may ride two-up. If your wife is going to spend some time with you on your bike you really ought to have her sit with you on both bikes at the dealer.

I really like my RKC and there's nothing wrong with sittin 'on' instead of 'in'...guess I'm kind of a 'truck' guy rather than a 'sedan' guy. I've got my bike posted on the photo gallery and some shots without the windshield.

Again...good luck.

Old 01-06-2006 | 09:17 PM
ladyglide
Elite HDF Member

Here's a pic of my sweetie's FLSTCI, it sure is a smooth ride compared to my wideglide. Enjoy the pic

[IMG]local://upfiles/5516/371B014E9C23459D9FB507DF3BC28DCA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-10-2006 | 09:53 PM
LOWRY
Advanced

I'm over 6'4 and I had to move my knees out of the way to corner on my buddy's Roadking. I own a FLSTSCI.
Sean