Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowered night train

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007 | 03:40 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: lowered night train

johnny why don't you show us a picture of your bike. Your bike gotta be lower then 1" to scrape
that bad?

Old 12-17-2007 | 06:58 AM
seaflea
Cruiser

I lowered my train about an inch and a half. But I am also running a low profile 210 Metzeler. I scrape the pipes around some corners and the kickstand drags a bit sometimes. but its not bad.....

Old 12-17-2007 | 08:45 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member

I lowered mine 1.5FR/2RR with no problems. Stock stand. Go for it!

Old 12-17-2007 | 09:09 AM
Branner
Road Warrior

Johnny,

Another option may be to go with air suspension. It's an expensive option, but it will provide max ride height when riding and then a slammed look when you're parked.

Old 12-17-2007 | 09:30 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member

Definitely a picture would help everyone assess a little bit better. My guess is that if you are riding "timidly" and still dragging parts, you are either lower than you think or you lean more in slower speed maneuvers than most people do. If you are lower than 1” below stock, bringing it up one inch will certainly help your situation. It might be just the right amount to stop the scraping.

If however, the scraping is related to how you ride, that’s sometimes a bit more challenging to ‘fix’. We all have habits with riding that are hard to break. Either way though, from the sound of your situation, adding an inch back to the ride height will give you some benefit.

Another question...Have you looked at under your bike to see what or where you are scraping? That might offer some information that could help you decide what you need to do to fix it.

Hope its an easy fix. Keep us posted.

ORIGINAL: jonnyrotton

The reason I ask is my bike is already lowered an inch and I seem to scrape everywhere. I have be riding very timidly an still scrape. I cant make turns from a traffic light and stay in the inside lane without scraping I have to drift to the center lane. I was hoping maybe raising it back to stock height would make a measurable improvement, but after the replies It doesn't seem that it would make much of a difference. I love the way they look lowered but I also love to RIDE my bikes.

Old 12-17-2007 | 09:45 AM
Mother
Road Captain

Well, I've scraped my primary cover on my stock 07 Deuce, which is supposed to be 1" lower than previous years. I'm still planning on lowering it though. I'll just take it easy, it's worth it for how greatthey look nice and low.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-17-2007 | 01:05 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member

That's leaning Mother! My wife has an 07 Deuce too. We dropped it 2" in the front and somewhere around 2-2.5" in the back and I've yet to scrape anything yet - and I've put her bike through its paces too.

Old 12-17-2007 | 01:20 PM
Mother
Road Captain

Maybe it's because my last five bikes were sportbikes.

Old 12-17-2007 | 03:50 PM
jonnyrotton
|
Intermediate

Ok I will try an get a picture on here soon for you guys

Old 12-17-2007 | 08:34 PM
1BadTrain
Cruiser

Careful man, sounds like you might scrape your sack soon!

Quick Reply: lowered night train