Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kinda deal

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006 | 08:58 PM
hog tied
|
Advanced
Default what kinda deal

ok heres the deal.. i`ve been in my dealer many of times told them what i want and they even started to put the bike togther. and it`s sitting in the show room just waiting for me to pick it up. i`m just waiting for the money from the sale of my old home at the end of this month..so this is what we havn`t done.. well price! they told me the price of the bike is out of there hands but the toys i put on they can deal on. well so far they put about hafe the things on the bike that i want. and the price on it anyone can getit for.well i`m paying cash. and 3 hours away is trev deely HD. canadas biggest hd dealer and i no i can deal there but i want my local shop support. and it`s nice to get 10 or 20% off things.. anyway i`ve went on long enuff.. what would you think be a good deal.. i was hoping 4 25% off all my toys i put on the bike befor it leaves the store and 20% off anything else i buy. i`m dropping about 3500 in toy`s after the bike..and you can never have to many hd tee shirts..lol

Old 01-01-2006 | 10:16 PM
sidewinder
Cruiser
Default RE: what kinda deal

I can't speak for your dealer, but this should have been discussed prior to ordering the bike. At this point I guess you need to get a detailed list of your bike and all the xtra's you want, then call the other dealer and get a cash price. If it is a big difference give it to the dealer you want to buy it from and ask them to at least be close. Then make your choice. You really should have done this before having the original dealer get everything set up. You are obligated to them to some degree as well. I can't imagine spending this kind of investment and not having a deal in place from the beginning. Good luck.

Old 01-02-2006 | 02:44 AM
hog tied
|
Advanced

no,no,no ,.. i didnt order the bike they got it in the show room. i asked them the one day.. ok this is the bike i like and i would put these pipes these bars lower it .. so on and so on.. just kinda a dream list and asked what it would cost? at the time i was looking at the victory hammer too..i go back now and again to pick stuff up.. and tell them well i gotta sell my house first... then cuz they kinda live close to me.. i here they have been trying to get a hold of me to come see this bike.. i go down to the shop and there is the night train with the pipes i said and bars black forks..so on and so on..i told them i still got...(52days). (what ever it was at the time 52 days )..untill i get my money from my house..i think that they know i`m not dreaming here and will buy my bike so they are teasing me by putting it together..just the price on the bike is what anyone who has the money could walking any buy it off the floor..someone could walk in there tomorrow and buy it.. they don`t owe it to me nor do i to them..

Old 01-02-2006 | 04:43 AM
electricuter
Cruiser

Wait till you have cash at hand and then go talk to all the dealers,as many as you can goto.I hear Port Moody HD give great deals.I bought mine from Barnes HD they wont wheel and deal their atitude is someone else will buy if for this price.Chilliwack HD is good to bargain with.Oh by the way don't expect any of them calling you later on after purchase and ask you how you like the bike so far.I have my 2004 Road King for sale if you know anyone interested!

My two sense

Old 01-02-2006 | 04:11 PM
Wolf
Road Captain

First thing to do is walk away from the deal. They told you what they would do and you don't like it. Anybody that's not willing to walk away and shop elsewhere WILL get taken.

Second bit of free advice is that cash in hand is less desireable to a dealer because a lot of money is made from financing. Lastly, send me your money and I'll get you a bike cheap and some real estate to go with it....

Old 01-02-2006 | 11:01 PM
Harley Al
Road Captain

Wolf, you're as bad if not worse than the Stealer...

Old 01-03-2006 | 01:43 AM
hog tied
|
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Wolf

First thing to do is walk away from the deal. They told you what they would do and you don't like it. Anybody that's not willing to walk away and shop elsewhere WILL get taken.

Second bit of free advice is that cash in hand is less desireable to a dealer because a lot of money is made from financing. Lastly, send me your money and I'll get you a bike cheap and some real estate to go with it....
WHAT!!! THERE IS NO DEAL!!! holly crap.. i havn`t talked money with them they just started to put the parts i like on the bike i want! that dosn`t make any deal..they no i`m not one of those guys that walks in the store feeds them a big line of BS and saying ya i`l come back and never do..asfor your cash less desireble!! ya ok.. now you sound like one of the guy i was talking about" i`ll come back guys" money talks.. asfor money to be made from financing.. that depends on who`s doing it and the guy in the shop don`t make crap from financing. he gets the same .. cash or not.. he does sales not financing.. but i will send you your first 3 dollor bill. for some good swamp land.. what i`m looking for here is what kinda thing should i try to get a deal on?? this is my 2nd new bike and i know the 1st sevice was a holy crap how much?? kinda thing.. so now it`s my turn.. to make them work for the sale.. i want my local dealer support and the best deal for the bike i want.. i ask you guys what would you call a good deal?but thanx for your...... ummm input?

Old 01-03-2006 | 11:46 AM
JamieWG
Road Master

A good deal is the best deal that you can negotiate. Prices vary from dealer to dealer, so I don't think one person can tell you the answer to your questions. As for financing, dealers don't finance, but they get a kickback from sales that are financed. Make a list of what you want, then visit a few dealers and ask them what they can do for you. Feel free to make counter offers.