Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally did it

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 08:24 PM
1of2
|
"Moderator"
Default Finally did it

I finally orderd my V&H BSS today.
I got a great deal thanks to advice from people here ($429.95 shipped)
I have hears nothing but good things about these pipes. I have heard and seen them so I know I will be happy with them.

Anyone that has these care to share your experience with performance gains? I think I am gong to get the quiet baffles too. i can always take them back out if I don't like them

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:03 PM
danike
Advanced
Default RE: Finally did it

Where did you order them from?

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:21 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

Change out the baffles before you warm up the pipes...otherwise it's a bit of a chore getting the stock baffles out. The quiet baffles just take the tinny sound out which is the only thing I don't like about the bss. The quiet baffles will give you a bit of torque also.

Performance gains wise... I dunno. Nothing beats a 2 into 1 but the BSS do sound nice. I got nothing but compliments on mine when I had them. I now have a Heritage and run BSLongs using the baffles.

Old 12-13-2007 | 10:26 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I definately like the sound with the "quiet baffels" over the standard baffels on mine.I really like the looks of the BSS's.

Old 12-14-2007 | 06:45 AM
1of2
|
"Moderator"

Thanks, I plan on changing the baffles before I even start it.
I bought them at Eastern Performance. Once you get over $250 the shipping is free.

Old 12-14-2007 | 06:59 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey congratulations! You're gonna LOVE those pipes.

I left mine stock (without quiet baffles), and I am glad I did. The "tin" sound goes away in a couple of thousand miles after some exhaust carbon coats the insides well. I have NO tin sound now at all. My indy discouraged me from getting the baffles because of his personal preference of the stock BSS sound.

I don't remember whether or not you've changed air breathing any, or if you already have a fuel manager. Going all the way to Stage 1 will make a very noticeable improvement on both HP & torque. Don't expect anydifferences if it is just pipes that you are changing.

"They" say that there is an increase in low-end torque by adding baffles, but I already have enough to rip my arms off if I'm not ready for the "twist". The fuel maps will be different between "with" and "without" baffles. BTW, the improved low end torque is not outrageously different; subtle is a better word to describe the delta.

Nice of Santa to come early!

Old 12-14-2007 | 07:02 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

If you are running a stock system with slip-ons, chances are you will lose performance with those pipes....
But, they're gonna sound GREAT...

Old 12-14-2007 | 02:57 PM
1of2
|
"Moderator"

Actually I have a K&N filter and a PCIII. Fuel moto has already sent me the new map so I shoudl be good to go.

Old 12-14-2007 | 03:22 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

The torque isn't a big change... but it's noticeable. I didn't have to change my map between adding them from not.. I used the map off of Power commanders website. Didn't have to tweak it to elimate decel pop or anything and the plugs are burning just right. I have heard good and bad about Fuel Moto's maps... I think it's just a crap shoot with them. Put it on a Dyno though and you will be impressed. Make sure the throttle booster is installed for the PC also. Fuel Moto probably does. I had to do it all myself.

The BSS aren't like the BSLongs where you have to remove the skins to change the baffles but it will be a heck of alot easier to do before you run them on your bike.

By the way 1of2... I ended up going with that same crash bar from kury.... I luv it. I like the way it looks.

And another thing.... don't take this personally. U SUCK... I am sitting here looking at your weather bar. 76.... pfffft. I am sitting here in 20 degree weather with snow and ice. U SUCK.

Old 12-14-2007 | 03:49 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 1of2

Actually I have a K&N filter and a PCIII. Fuel moto has already sent me the new map so I shoudl be good to go.
Oh yea.......you're gonna have some fun now! Make sure you're hanging on when you pull out for the first time. It's going to be a whole new bike!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: Finally did it