Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally did it

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007 | 04:00 PM
SpringerDude
Tourer
Default RE: Finally did it

Congrats. I just installed the BSS and the closed loop Thundermax ECM today. I bought the bike used and it had VH Short Shot Staggereds. According to my sound meter, the BSS are a few decibelslouder (both with stock baffle), but they don't have that dragster sound like the Short Shots. I also bought the quiet baffles, but haven't put them in yet. Sounds like I better do it ASAP.

Old 12-14-2007 | 05:42 PM
1of2
|
"Moderator"

ORIGINAL: lionsqrne

The torque isn't a big change... but it's noticeable. I didn't have to change my map between adding them from not.. I used the map off of Power commanders website. Didn't have to tweak it to elimate decel pop or anything and the plugs are burning just right. I have heard good and bad about Fuel Moto's maps... I think it's just a crap shoot with them. Put it on a Dyno though and you will be impressed. Make sure the throttle booster is installed for the PC also. Fuel Moto probably does. I had to do it all myself.

The BSS aren't like the BSLongs where you have to remove the skins to change the baffles but it will be a heck of alot easier to do before you run them on your bike.

By the way 1of2... I ended up going with that same crash bar from kury.... I luv it. I like the way it looks.

And another thing.... don't take this personally. U SUCK... I am sitting here looking at your weather bar. 76.... pfffft. I am sitting here in 20 degree weather with snow and ice. U SUCK.
I'll try the fuel moto map and if I don't like it I'll change to the one from PC.
It shipped today so I guess I have myself a project for next weekend.
Poorboy, maybe you will help me try them out on a nice little ride?

Old 12-14-2007 | 10:19 PM
royboy
Cruiser

You're gonna' love 'em, and you're going to notice a bit of a change too. They're good things.
I am very happy with mine!

Old 12-15-2007 | 07:30 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 1of2

I'll try the fuel moto map and if I don't like it I'll change to the one from PC.
It shipped today so I guess I have myself a project for next weekend.
Poorboy, maybe you will help me try them out on a nice little ride?
Yea, for sure. Send me a PM when your order comes in. I could come over Saturday morning and give you a hand (if you plan to wait until Saturday to start the mod).

Cheers buddy!

Old 12-15-2007 | 12:38 PM
1of2
|
"Moderator"

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll have everything ready. Thanks for offering to help.

Old 12-15-2007 | 02:35 PM
1of2
|
"Moderator"

ORIGINAL: lionsqrne

And another thing.... don't take this personally. U SUCK... I am sitting here looking at your weather bar. 76.... pfffft. I am sitting here in 20 degree weather with snow and ice. U SUCK.
Oh by the way, I just went for a ride..... and your right. I DO SUCK!!! 83 today... sorry.

Old 12-15-2007 | 07:01 PM
2of2
Road Warrior

Hey Bro
Glad to hear you got them! Too bad I didn't get to see/hear them whenI was there. Send me a pic when you get them on.
The Wide Glide is running good. I just got back from a short ride down McKellips Rd. After the hairpin turn I was heading South and stopped to help a guy named Bill. He pulled over on the dirt shoulderand tipped over his Ultra. It was resting on his foot and he couldn't pick it up. He is OK.I think his pride is hurt worse than his foot.

Old 12-15-2007 | 09:02 PM
1of2
|
"Moderator"

ORIGINAL: 2of2

Hey Bro
Glad to hear you got them! Too bad I didn't get to see/hear them whenI was there. Send me a pic when you get them on.
The Wide Glide is running good. I just got back from a short ride down McKellips Rd. After the hairpin turn I was heading South and stopped to help a guy named Bill. He pulled over on the dirt shoulderand tipped over his Ultra. It was resting on his foot and he couldn't pick it up. He is OK.I think his pride is hurt worse than his foot.
That sucks. He was just laying there trapped under his bike?
I think that would hurt anyones pride. I hope he didnt mess anything up (him or the bike).

I have a package ready to send out to you on Monday. Not a Christmas present, more like a welcome back to the Harley world present.
Congrats on the new ride number 2!

Old 12-16-2007 | 12:30 AM
2of2
Road Warrior

Sounds like a T shirt!
I will be waiting for it.
Hey Bud,I am also running low on Roddenberrys.
I'll send you some cash when I run out of 'em.