Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mates Harley got stolen !!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 06:58 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Mates Harley got stolen !!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I hate to hear that!

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:17 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope she was insured. I have all the locks and chains on mine when not riding. It's about all we can do. Thieves suck.

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:17 AM
sportncruise
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: moggsy

Yeah amazing isn't it.I cant believe the hide of some people these days.No respect for other peoples property.Hopefully she will get it back but i doubt it.

Luckily it was insured but it was not even 12mths old but now she is thinking well if i get another one will the same thing happen.If they stole this one they can just as easily steal the new one.And she had a fair bit of security so dont know what else she could have done from a security perspective.I suppose if they reallywant to take it they will.
In my opinion the stock security system with no siren sucks. Yea noone can start it and drive off but that isn't what they are going to do anyway as we all know. How much more could a horn be?
I have lojack on mine but I wonder how much that will really help if cops aren't willing to do anything.
Was it a garage with the turn handle to lock it? Did they pick it or break it? Did they break into a car and get the opener? I think we should all take the opener in with us and not leave them in our vehicles. If it was a turn handle lock she could put a small lock in the bar that goes through the hole in the side guides so they can't get in at all. Of course this makes her using the garage harder but if she wants to keep the contents inside it maybe worth it.
Hope she gets it back but after about 2 days it is probably not going to happen, look for it over seas...

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:35 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

It sucks that happened, but the upside is that she'll get a new bike. My bike is a '08 FXSTC, but I'm droolin' over a new Road King. If my bike was stolen, I know what I'd get. Maybe she's secretly been wanting something else, and now she has the chance to get it.

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:38 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

Get a Rott/Dob or shepherd, give it a nice doghouse in the garage, a doggie door to the back yard. Best deterent I know of. If you hear gunfire, grab a weapon and head out there, otherwise sleep peacefully!

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:50 AM
PhatDLX
Tourer

FOKIN Ridiculous!! Sorry for you mate's loss.

Old 12-13-2007 | 10:42 AM
sportncruise
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

Get a Rott/Dob or shepherd, give it a nice doghouse in the garage, a doggie door to the back yard. Best deterent I know of. If you hear gunfire, grab a weapon and head out there, otherwise sleep peacefully!
I know this is more a joke than serious but you know how many stories I have heard of people breaking into homes with Rott's and other big dogs and they not doing anything. Besides it takes a lot of money and time to train a dog to be a good guard dog anda lot of dedication on the part of the owner. A nicely laced piece of meat and your deterent is no more!

Old 12-13-2007 | 11:19 AM
Catfish57
Tourer

I have had a bike stolen. It was never found. The horrible things I wished to happen to the person who stole it I cant mention here. The mellowest thing I thought of is that they die a slow and painfull death. That there bolating corpes is not found for three weeks after there starving pets slowly eat there face off, and there stinking entrals are draged across the kitchen floor. But thats just me. Getting my bike stolen was a very tramitic thing for me I feel so bad that your mates bike got stolen that realy sucks.

Old 12-13-2007 | 12:59 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

Where'd this happen at Moggs? Post some pics of the bike so we can keep an eye out for the bike or any "bits" that may be custom etc etc! What kinda bike? I mounted a surveillance camera in my garage as well to keep eye on my Harley and my vn group a commodore... makes for some good viewing when you get the odd girl in there after a night out on the turps too

Dean

A mate of mine got her Harley stolen last night in a lockup garage,bike had an alarm and fork lock and a chain.

Makes you think doesn't it what these ba@#$%ds will do and what lengths they will go to to take your prized possession.So just be careful all.

Old 12-13-2007 | 01:00 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

6am and I am just about to go to sleep... after reading this it makes me appreciate my sleeping patterns a bit more for bike security purposes!!

DeanO

A mate of mine got her Harley stolen last night in a lockup garage,bike had an alarm and fork lock and a chain.

Makes you think doesn't it what these ba@#$%ds will do and what lengths they will go to to take your prized possession.So just be careful all.

Quick Reply: Mates Harley got stolen !!!!!!!!!!!