Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005 | 12:03 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Night Train Anyone?

ORIGINAL: monkyman

I don't mind the Badlander seat, but the wife can't stand being on the back. I will probibly get a sundowner & back rest to keep her happy.
We just ordered our backrest this morning. Came to $163 total from http://www.surdyke.com/hd/catalog.asp

The local shop wanted $207.33 just for the parts.

Old 05-17-2007 | 11:24 PM
disturbed
Stage I

Bought my 'Train in april 2005 form the dealer I work at. Been an H-D Tech for 20 years . And this model reminds me of the days of the AMF . It looks great and sounds good but that is about it. Nothing but a nightmare from the word go. Crank sensor, turn signal switches,brakes , valve seals(Twice) rear axle (3x's) along with the bearings, battery(2x's) all this in the first 9 months of owning it. I took a trip ,31 states for a month and a half....six times on the side of the road! Less than 10k on it when it started. So , if you ask me stick with your jap bike! BTW H-D may be "assembled " in the USA but it's not american made. Evrything H-d sells either comes from china, japan , or indonesia...do the math. Bought a yamaha v-max the day they came out almost 20years ago . still have it with over 100,000 miles on it and has never hadanything other than routine maintenance done to it. My 'Train has 28500 miles on it and have yet to go 1000 miles without makeing a trip to the shop for something. Have owned several other H-D's over the years and have had similar problems with all of them. I do have this to say that is good about it ....you can outrun most bikes on the twisties because it loves to be pushed hard through them and with the positive feedback through the front wheel you feel the road better than any bike out their. Good luck man...I may just have the one bike built on a friday or a monday if you know what I mean.

Old 05-18-2007 | 12:21 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: disturbed

Bought my 'Train in april 2005 form the dealer I work at. Been an H-D Tech for 20 years . And this model reminds me of the days of the AMF . It looks great and sounds good but that is about it. Nothing but a nightmare from the word go. Crank sensor, turn signal switches,brakes , valve seals(Twice) rear axle (3x's) along with the bearings, battery(2x's) all this in the first 9 months of owning it. I took a trip ,31 states for a month and a half....six times on the side of the road! Less than 10k on it when it started. So , if you ask me stick with your jap bike! BTW H-D may be "assembled " in the USA but it's not american made. Evrything H-d sells either comes from china, japan , or indonesia...do the math. Bought a yamaha v-max the day they came out almost 20years ago . still have it with over 100,000 miles on it and has never hadanything other than routine maintenance done to it. My 'Train has 28500 miles on it and have yet to go 1000 miles without makeing a trip to the shop for something. Have owned several other H-D's over the years and have had similar problems with all of them. I do have this to say that is good about it ....you can outrun most bikes on the twisties because it loves to be pushed hard through them and with the positive feedback through the front wheel you feel the road better than any bike out their. Good luck man...I may just have the one bike built on a friday or a monday if you know what I mean.
Well, this troll worked hard to dig up a 2 year old thread. [sm=icon_blah.gif]

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-18-2007 | 12:36 AM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: disturbed

Sounds like you need a better tech doing the wrok on the bike.....the one you've got apparently can't fix **** from shinola.

Old 05-18-2007 | 12:41 AM
jamesf0622
Road Master

I was about to reply with an answer too!!! Glad you caught that or I would have looked like a dummy! I'm guessing the OP has all the info he needs to know by now! LOL!!!