Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005 | 10:13 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Night Train Anyone?

ORIGINAL: Tn.Heritage

Clammy not to add to your frustration or anything like that but I went to the dealer close to my house yesturday and they have 2 train's in stock, they were listed at $16800 I think that's right so if you come to Tn. I can hook you up You'll have your's before you know it, beside's there's not much weather to ride now anyway's.
Nice. But Tennessee is FAR from here, and I understand it's a real pain to import vehicles that are available here... thanks for the thoughts though.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-08-2005 | 08:01 PM
tpayline
Novice

That bike is rightous. I love those pipes. I went with the VH big shots. I knew I would second gues them. Also I went with the skull package for pegs and AC cover.

Old 03-12-2005 | 06:34 PM
Steeltown
Tourer

Hey Clammy, I'm in TO and am in the process of upgrading my Bike, it looks like i am going with a brand new '03 anniversary Night Train, that Jacox has in their warehouse. They are giving it to me a cost. In '03 they were listed at 26K I'm getting it for 19K. It's blue which is not my first pick but for the price, I'm preety sure it will be mine in the next 10 days.

Old 03-14-2005 | 04:45 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Steeltown

Hey Clammy, I'm in TO and am in the process of upgrading my Bike, it looks like i am going with a brand new '03 anniversary Night Train, that Jacox has in their warehouse. They are giving it to me a cost. In '03 they were listed at 26K I'm getting it for 19K. It's blue which is not my first pick but for the price, I'm preety sure it will be mine in the next 10 days.

WOW!!! That's an AWESOME deal you're getting, man! Congratulations!! Pretty crazy that the 03s were going for 26K, and now they're in the 21K range, eh?

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-14-2005 | 05:35 PM
Steeltown
Tourer

Yeah, I know...I'm sure they were trying to gouge as much as they could out of the anniversary year crap

Old 03-29-2005 | 08:18 PM
geestrain
1st Gear

Nice picture im getting an 05 night train in may I like your exhaust what kind is it and how do you like them?

Old 04-10-2005 | 05:46 AM
1analguy
Advanced

My last Jap bike was an '85 V65 Sabre, bought new as a leftover in '86. It was wicked fast, even by today's standards, but that's all it was good for. It was top-heavy and uncomfortable. It leaked oil on my garage floor and buzzed my hands numb on the highway. I replaced it in '87 with a Low Rider Sport and have never looked back. They weighed within 5 pounds of each other, yet that Harley felt only half the weight of the Honda, as does my new '05 FXSTBI.

I have a theory about the Badlander seat: Harley specifically designed that seat for the sole purpose of selling accessory seats. When I sat on the bike in the showroom, I knew I'd need a different seat within five seconds. Yes it's firm, but firmness isn't a bad thing unless the seat isn't shaped like your butt. It's not shaped anything like mine. Then you have to consider how much you hate your passenger(s), because sitting on the back of the Badlander is (remarkably) a little worse than sitting directly on the rear fender! Harley's plan worked on me: I bought two accessory seats with the bike and threw the Badlander up in the garage attic. If you're cruising the seats in the H-D accessory catalog (looking for something as pretty as the Badlander that might possibly feel like an actual seat) and wondering what that RallyRunner seat might be like (I can only speak for my butt), I have to say: fantastic! I was attracted to it because the front of it hugged the frame like the Badlander (which, after all, does look good) and the pillion looked like something I could at least ask my better half to sit on. It turns out both the front and the back are very comfortable. This is one of those seats that is firm and very comfortable. So far, the longest I've spent on it is about three hours, but I felt the same when I climbed off as I did when I got on. The bucket-shaped driver's portion actually gives a little support to your lower back, too, if that's an issue for you. Also, my buddy rides a Heritage Softail and when we swapped bikes one day, he commented very favorably on the seat. The other seat I got (for long trips, two-up) is the Sundowner, which I haven't tried yet. Most folks seem to like them for long cruises, though.

As for the drag bars: I'm 6'2" and wear a 35" sleeve in my shirts. I sit bolt-upright in that RallyRunner, and if I hold my arms nearly straight out in front of me and let them drop, my hands land on the grips. Again, I've only gone about three hours so far, but while I did get the detachable windshield, I haven't had it on the bike yet as arm strain from fighting the wind is just not the issue with these stock bars that it is when you have pull-backs, buck-horns, etc. and your arms are bent more. This is a pleasent surprise because I think this bike in particular looks better without the windshield, though I will be using it on long trips against bad weather.

Sorry I'm so long-winded on the seats, but I remember what a panic I was in when trying to decide which seat(s) to buy without trying them out first. My "hole-in-the-wall" dealer didn't stock any accessory seats for the 'Train, even though they would also fit a Standard and who knows what else. The parts guy thought I was a jerk for asking "why not?", too. So...sometimes you're stuck going on some stranger's recommendation. Here's mine for what it's worth to you: if you're a fairly large person, I predict that you'll find the stock drag bars quite comfortable, and probably would like the RallyRunner seat as well. If you keep the Badlander seat, good luck getting second dates...

Old 04-10-2005 | 11:00 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

I just bought my 02 Nightrain last week and finally got some good riding time on her since the weather cleared up.

The previous owner installed a Corbin seat and I found this to be comfortable. I am 6ft tall and this placed me in a good riding position with the bars. I went on a 2-3 ride and saw no discomfort at all. After the first day of riding I chose to start wearing ear plugs to reduce the wind noise.

I have always loved the Trains ever since they first came out. It was just a matter of time before I owned one. I'm glad that I stumbled across this one since the mods it has are exactly what I had in mind for a new one. I do plan on changing the pegs. It has the flamed grips so the pegs will follow the theme. The wife wants a backrest so I saw that HD sells the black crinkle ones. You will love the Night Train!

Old 04-10-2005 | 10:10 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't mind the Badlander seat, but the wife can't stand being on the back. I will probibly get a sundowner & back rest to keep her happy.

Old 04-17-2005 | 01:46 AM
bbqbiker
Cruiser

I've got the Nightrain 2 up touring seat,black crinkle mid-sissybar, Memphis Fats short smoked detachable windscreen, & HD leather covered fiberglass bags. I do 500 mile days no problem with this setup. The seat is GREAT. I've got the stock bars, but Nightrain specific pullback bar is going to be installed next week to try it out. I'm 5'9" stretch a bit to the bars but It's comfortable. I'm about to drop $$$ for HD stage IV kit. (Heads, 95" hi compression pistons, carb, cam) I'm using Thunderheader pipe & Hypercharger intake now, but want more highway power. Anyone got this setup?

Quick Reply: Night Train Anyone?