Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture Posting Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 03:38 AM
Finalcut
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Picture Posting Question

I know how to post an attachment in a thread, but how do you post a picture so that is diplayed in the post in full size without needing to click on a link???

Old 01-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Finalcut
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Picture Posting Question

What - is this some kind of secret? Come on man - help a bro out

Old 01-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Picture Posting Question

Here is an easy way to host your pictures:

Go to www.imageshack.us and register. They will email you a login which you can copy and paste to your address bar (save this email just in case you accidently lose your log in). After you get logged in:

1) Look at top of page and in Blue letters on left you will see Image Shack. Select this
2) On the right side of page you will see a box that say "brouse" click this and find your picture in your files. Select the picture you want to upload.
3) Under the brouse tab you will see a box to resize your photo. Use drop down box and select 640 x480. This is as big as you want to go on the forum without disrupting the flow of the thread (a bigger picture will move the threads to the left and you will have to scroll over to read the complete post.
4) Below the resize box you will see a "Host It" tab. Click here.

Continue hosting pictures until you have all your pictures on the Image Shack page.
Note: You can resize you pictures to 320 x240 if you want a smaller picture of mine (if you want more than one picture in a post)

5) Once you get your pictures hosted look back at the top of page and on the right (in blue letters) you will see "My Images". Click on this.
6) Find the picture you want to post and look to the right. You will see 6 URL address boxes. The 6th one says "Direct". Highlight this one and copy.
7) In your forum post select the "image" tab above the "Quote original" box.
8) Put your cusor in between the Image boxes example [IMG] insert here [/IMG] and paste the copied URL.

That's it. You should have the picture in the body of your post.

If you want to have a picture in your signature go to "My Profile" located at top of forum page in menu section
1) Scroll down until you see "Signature" on the left of page in blue background
2) In the signature box type [IMG] now insert your photo URL just like you did above and then type [/IMG] after it.
3) Go to bottom of page and select OK or Apply and you are set.

Let me know if this works for you.

Terry