Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker or Deuce

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:12 PM
NumberOne
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker or Deuce

If you had a choice between a Rocker or a Deuce, which one would you have chosen ?? I know the Deuce is no longer, but what if they had reworked an already good bike. Just make the mods from the factory instead of haveing to go buy them. I was thinking if they had gave the Deuce drag bars,lowered, and a nice chopper fender covering a 200 tire would have been sweet. This would have gave the bike a face lift so to speak....a kind of second coming and been more efficient from a product that was already in place instead of a whole new design.

If HD wants more market share, this would have been an easy fix. Cheaper than a chopper, rides better than any rigid, and give them a way into the custom market, because we all know, looking cool on your bike is all part of the fun.

Please do not troll this, I am new to bikes and was just curious from all you old timers who have had your bike's a while. I have already read lots on alot of bikes.

1 Rocker
2 Deuce

Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rocker or Deuce

I'm obviously biased, but I like your general idea of the "reworked" Deuce. That has been done many times and they look sweet as hell. It really would have been nice to get that from the factory instead of having to do it yourself though. Glad to be the first to vote for the Deuce lol!

Old 12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
serge627
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second what Bonecrusher said, but again like him I am a bit biased. That would have been a good idea. I guess we will have to see what these Rockers do, when they show up in January, February or whenever...

Old 12-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would take the Deuce. I had one before theFXSTC I have now, and I loved it. The Deuce seemed to be a more practical bike. You could make it whatever you wanted. It would be hard to make the Rocker a more practical or comfortable bike. In my opinion, the Rocker is Harley's version of a "custom" bike. You can't have a "custom" bike coming from the factory. When a bike is mass produced, it is no longer "custom". So that design bike will just be another one of the production "cookie-cutter" bikes out there. The problem is, the Rocker doesn't leave as much room for the owner to actually customize it themself. The Deuce could go any direction you wanted it to go. You could make it a touring bike, or you could make it a solo bar-hopper. The choice was up to the owner, and the owner could make their bike stand out from the crowd. So, again, I would take the Deuce over the Rocker.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Easy, Deuce. You could do so much more to it. IMHO...

Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Ryno23
4th Gear

I voted for the Rocker just because I'm expecting mine sometime in Jan. I agree that you can do a lot to the Duece. I hope in a few years I will have more options to add on to the Rocker.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:46 PM
deadduck357
Tourer

the rocker, it already looks different, and with some mods should look sweet. the raked front and fat rear sold me, two thing that i would have had done to a deuce or night train.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Howie21
Advanced

The Duece hands down.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd have to say Deuce, we know it actually exists and is available, plus you can see all the cool stuff you can do with it. The rocker, if it ever starts to sell is already a custom, so you'll probably be limited on what you can do to it.

Quick Reply: Rocker or Deuce