Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom or Fatboy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007 | 11:55 AM
miketami
Cruiser
Default RE: Custom or Fatboy?

I sold the fxstc for the fat boy. Loved both bikes. For looks - the custom had great lines and a lot of potential. For handeling -the fat boy all day long. Dont just go by sitting on the bike. chances are you will change things such as seat and handlebars that change the feel of the bike. Ride them both. the skinny 21 inch front on the custom does not handle as well as the fatboy. but that wide tire looks killer!

Good luck and enjoy. not sure you can make a bad choice here.

Old 11-25-2007 | 03:30 PM
eagle56
Road Captain

I had the same decission to make.
the two tone custon looked nice and the seat was very comfortable but decided to go with the fat boy because I felt that it looked more the part with the fatter front and wide rear giving it a modern chunky brutal street machine look.
The skinny front tyre anddated easy rider look put me of the Custom but it was close.

Old 11-27-2007 | 03:44 PM
EvoFatboy
Novice

I traded my 1200 for a Fatboy. Love the cruising comfort but really miss the agility and style of the Sporty. During the local open house back in April I rode many models including the ones your interested in. The FX felt a little top heavy and my passenger felt like he(my son) was sitting on my shoulders. It was perfect otherwise! Only chose the Fatboy due to its comfort while riding 2-up. Already started looking for another Sporty to enhance those solo adventures. Good luck and which ever you choose I'm sure you'll be happy.

Old 11-27-2007 | 10:45 PM
mike1213
|
Intermediate

Thanks for the post's, I knew I would get good advice here. I will ride each bike this spring and decide then, but my real problem is seeing all these Customs & Fatboys on this forum and the pictures you guys and gals post. You have set the "bar" very high and I can only hope to come close.
I do think I have very bad case of chrome fever, my wife asked me when do I have enough (for the Sportster), I just said "never".

Thanks again,
(can't wait till July!)

Mike