Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sonar_chris... please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:11 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sonar_chris... please read

In this thread post #20 you show a pic of your floorboards with extensions... The first part your saying you used the harley goodies extensions... which moves them out. I am assuming that is these... correct?

http://www.harleygoodies.com/

Now, the next part your saying your using the HD Extended rider floorboard pans. I am not sure what your talking about here. Do you have a p/n or a link. Your saying this moves the floorboards forward a couple of inches correct?

So you are using two different kits together. Right?

I am looking at these two setups for my 07 Heritage. Can you help me out?

Thanks.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: sonar_chris... please read

TFB here, until Chris answers you I think I might be able to help.

Yes those are the extentions for moving the floorboards out, Harlei Goodies.

I think the "HD Extended rider floorboard pans" you're asking about, he used the model made for Touring bikes and he had to do a little drilling to make them fit on a softail.

That should help, until he answers you.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:59 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

The HD Extended Floorboards are a factory item, about $80.00 and fit right on a Fatboy with no mods even though the MOCO says they are for touring bikes only

Old 11-23-2007, 10:08 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The extended ( 2" longer ) floor boards came stock on the SE Fat Boy.
Tom

[IMG]local://upfiles/18321/C3ABF5C6AE2C4B5B90C61E00B9027E10.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-23-2007, 11:50 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: lionsqrne

In this thread post #20 you show a pic of your floorboards with extensions... The first part your saying you used the harley goodies extensions... which moves them out. I am assuming that is these... correct?

http://www.harleygoodies.com/

Now, the next part your saying your using the HD Extended rider floorboard pans. I am not sure what your talking about here. Do you have a p/n or a link. Your saying this moves the floorboards forward a couple of inches correct?

So you are using two different kits together. Right?

I am looking at these two setups for my 07 Heritage. Can you help me out?

Thanks.
You are correct on both counts. The Harley Goodies kit extends the boards away from the bike. The HD extended rider floorboards ( P/N 50409-04 )http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
are brand new floorboard pans (the bottom part that sometimes scrapes the gournd) that have the mounting brackets on the bottom mounted further back, thus moving the floorboard 2" further forward. The HD catalogue says they are for the "Touring" models only but thats a bunch of $hit. They will fit any HD with factory floorboards. Just to be perfectly clear, the extended rider floorboards are the same size as the stock ones, they are just pushed 2" further forward, so if you have aftermarket or different inserts like I do ( the skull ones) they will still fit. Tom's SE Fatboy I belive has floorboards that are 2" longer than stock, which may mount to any HD but the overall lenght is different. With the extended rider floorboards you can still use highway bars, atleast on the tourning models, I dont see any reason you cant use them on the softails but I havent tried them out yet. Hope this helps you out, and if you have any other questions just let me know. Here is a pic installed with the skull inserts that are the stock size, you can also see that how much further forward they are in relationship to the shifter and break pedel. The shifter arms are stock length. So if you get the HD floorboards P/N 50409-04 (will bolt right up with no modification) and the Harley Goodies kit (bolts right up with no modification) you will be in like flint.

Chris

Old 11-24-2007, 12:01 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Texas Fat Boy

TFB here, until Chris answers you I think I might be able to help.

Yes those are the extentions for moving the floorboards out, Harlei Goodies.

I think the "HD Extended rider floorboard pans" you're asking about, he used the model made for Touring bikes and he had to do a little drilling to make them fit on a softail.

That should help, until he answers you.
No drilling required to make them fit the Fatboy. Since I have the Kurakyn MK III highway pegs, I had to modify the reinforcement plate that holds the peg mout to the floorboard by drilling an extra hole

In this pic, the red circles are where I had to drill holes in the floorboard to make the MK III pegs work. There is a reinforcement plate that is placed between the floorboard insert and the floorboard pan that has 4 pre drilled holes. Because of the extended rider boards I was only able to use 2 existing holes in the reinforcement plate, and then drilled a new one for the 3rd bolt (far left of pic) which worked out just fine.

Chris

Old 11-24-2007, 12:05 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

delete

Last edited by sonar_chris; 10-28-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:23 AM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys , great thread . at 6'2 on a heritage,thisis exactly the sort of setup I have been thinking about .... until now i just wasn't sure how to start. Thanks heaps . grzly

Old 11-24-2007, 07:06 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone who replied and Thanks Sonar..... that's the info I needed and I appreciate the help.

I smell christmas gifts from my kids.

Cheers.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:05 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris - you da man!!!

Quick Reply: sonar_chris... please read