Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sonar_chris... please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:22 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: sonar_chris... please read

No problem guys, if anyone has any more questions Ill do my best to answer them.

Chris

Old 11-24-2007, 02:07 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have never measured a floor board, on a stock Fat Boy, but I read on the forum where they are 12" long and mine are 14". The reason I had asked on the forum about the length, was I was told they wouldn't clearsome HD andafter market engine guards.
Tom

Old 11-24-2007, 02:19 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

first, I gotta say how fine your bike looks!!

I measured the floorboards on my stock '08 Fatty, you're right -they are 12" long. (they hang over the rear mount by 2"). I have the HD # 49004-00 engine guard on my bike. there is plenty of room, I believe I could use a 15" footboard before it touches.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:39 PM
BIG Y 2014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a nice set up were there any issues wiith the brake pedal or shifters hitting the cruise arms when they are applied ?

Old 11-24-2007, 07:19 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BIG Y 2014

looks like a nice set up were there any issues wiith the brake pedal or shifters hitting the cruise arms when they are applied ?
No I didnt have any issues with the break pedle ( I have the extended verson). Before I had the MKIII's I had the shifter pegs adjusted was down, so I barely had to lift my toe or heel to shift. I did have to raise the toe shifter one notch to let it clear the MK III's with the stock floorboard pans, but with the extended rider floorboards you wont have any problems with anything hitting.

Chris

Old 11-25-2007, 10:30 AM
BIG Y 2014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the help was also wondering if the third hole you drilled in the floor board pan also had to be drilled in the reinforcement plate or does one of the existing hole in the plate line up with it.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:37 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BIG Y 2014

thanks for the help was also wondering if the third hole you drilled in the floor board pan also had to be drilled in the reinforcement plate or does one of the existing hole in the plate line up with it.
I had to drill it into the reinforement plate. The 2 of the 4holes that are pre drilled wont work at all with the extended floorboards

Chris

Old 12-22-2007, 04:56 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris,
I'm in the middle of replacing my Fat Boy floorboardswiththe extended reach ones from a "touring" bike - yeah right, they fit great!! plus, the Harley Goodies extended kit. I've only done the left side because of the time I'm having getting the E-Z Extended Brake Pedal from Kuryakyn...... but, I dohave another question. did you replace the jiffy stand (kick stand for us old guys)? mine seems to get lost under the boards, while your's looks like it extends out past the floorboard.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:17 PM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sonarchris, since the floorboards are extended out 2", is the shifter/foot position still comfortable?

Old 12-24-2007, 09:44 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: aviator

Chris,
I'm in the middle of replacing my Fat Boy floorboardswiththe extended reach ones from a "touring" bike - yeah right, they fit great!! plus, the Harley Goodies extended kit. I've only done the left side because of the time I'm having getting the E-Z Extended Brake Pedal from Kuryakyn...... but, I dohave another question. did you replace the jiffy stand (kick stand for us old guys)? mine seems to get lost under the boards, while your's looks like it extends out past the floorboard.
My kick stand is the stock one, I really havent noticed it getting lost under the floorboards or anything like that. But if you find that is happening, you could always get an extention for it. Something like this from the HD site p/n 50249-05. I havent done anything to my kick stand though.

Chris

Quick Reply: sonar_chris... please read