Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 Chubby 504 bars??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:54 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wild 1 Chubby 504 bars??

Ready to put my scoot (Deluxe '07)back together again. Put my controls back on temporarily so I can determine if stock length throttle/idle,clutch and brake line lengths are good so I can replace with Stainless. Looks llike the brake cable my be a tight. My add another inch when I order it.

While I was doing that, I noticed that the bars have the holes (1" long) needed for internal wiring. My question is anyone who has put Wild 1's on before, are the bars DIMPLED also? That is, channeled for the wire harness to fit inside like the stock bars. I DON't have the dimple.

Do they elimminate the dimple because the hole is long enough not to be an issue of wire harness pinching control clamp OR should Wild 1 bars have the dimple also?

Wild 1 is closed today, so wont be able to get the answer. Was hoping to wire up today....

Old 11-23-2007, 12:05 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: Wild 1 Chubby 504 bars??

I have the 504 on my bike , great bars very comfortable and excellent chrome.

I internal wired them. I don't think Wild Ones makes a dimpled bar, why wouldn't you internal wire them, it makes a much cleaner look and isn't very hard. If you don't want to lift the tank to disconnect at the connector , just cut the wires under the triple clamp and then splice them back with a little solder and shrink tubing.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:45 PM
ronyd
Road Master

Xaran, sorry if my question was misleading. I am doing internal wiring, and I removed tank, cables and pins from connecdtors, etc.

What I was asking if Wild 1 should have both the internal wiring hole and the dimple. I just wanted to know because I didn;t want to find out later that when the harness is fed through and the control clamp is installed, the harness doesn;t get pinched by the clamp. the dimple would just keep any exposed part of the harness out of the way so the hand control clamp will fit and bolt on correctly.

I guess that;s all be figured out and the hole is sized to prevent that from happening. I purchased the bars as a blem from Wild 1, and saved like $60. they told me that they were used at the bike show and would not be alble to see the blem. THEY WERE CORRECT. But then I thought well maybe the blem is the missing dimple. I looked at other bars, like Ness, and they do have hole and dimple.

Anyways, you havbe answered my question and I won;t worry about it. I feel better now that this will not be a problem...

Old 11-30-2007, 06:51 AM
ronyd
Road Master

Wild one told me that they don;t use dimples because it puts the bars out of round. So they make the hole elongated and larger to componsate for it. Seems to work...