Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Big radius or Short shots

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007 | 08:44 PM
nighttrain21
|
Intermediate
Default V&H Big radius or Short shots

I am trying to decide wether to get the black big radius or the black short shots. I was wondering if anyone knows which gives the most performance and which has the better sounds. I havent heard either but i like a real deep sound.

Thanks

Old 11-22-2007 | 08:51 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Default RE: V&H Big radius or Short shots

Its probably a toss up which would be better so that part should be answered by which you like the looks of better.
As for that sound, go to the V&H web site and they have sound clips so you can hear how they sound.
Its not really the same as it is in person, it never is, but it might help you sort out the differences.

Old 11-23-2007 | 03:21 AM
Boot
Advanced

Tuning with short pipes can be an issue. Ensure you have all the right running gear. Its all about sonic pulse.

Old 11-23-2007 | 11:02 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

BR are much better sound. They have a nasty throaty sound to them ecspecially when you let off the throttle. The only down fall is alot of people have them. But they are worth the money.

Old 11-23-2007 | 01:12 PM
ratzila
Tourer

The first pipes I added on my 06 fxst were the short shots. Since then I have replaced them with the big radius pipes. They sound & look better and gives a little better performance.

[/align]

Old 11-23-2007 | 02:55 PM
Bogeyman
Advanced

I've got the SS and not totally happy with the sound. It has a wierd kind of almost rattle at higher rpm just before shifting and they aren't as deep and throaty as I'd like.

Old 11-23-2007 | 06:05 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

I do like the look and sound of the Big Radius pipes
They do have a "plap plap" sound at low rpm cruising that's a little annoying to the rider, though people riding beside you don't hear it. They sound sweet at high rpm's.
If you want them a bit deeper sounding, I've heard these baffles make a difference.......
http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/product-fit.html

Old 11-23-2007 | 07:44 PM
Punkpogoer
Tourer

I've got the Big Radius pipes and really like the look and sound, I have heard that longer pipes are better for performance though. Anyone with real performance knowledge know the real deal on this?

Old 11-23-2007 | 08:38 PM
1badnt
Road Master

I've got the big radius pipes too....
happy w/the sound and they really scream when you get on the throttle....
only thing I don't like are the 2 piece heat shields.... they look cheap in my opinion....and on thier web site, the new black ones, the linesare really visable...

Old 11-23-2007 | 09:36 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Punkpogoer

I've got the Big Radius pipes and really like the look and sound, I have heard that longer pipes are better for performance though. Anyone with real performance knowledge know the real deal on this?
I believe the Big Radius and other short head pipe models produce more HP and longer head pipes with more back pressure produce more torque

Quick Reply: V&H Big radius or Short shots