Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin, Lepera, or Sundowner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:42 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Default RE: Corbin, Lepera, or Sundowner?

If you are going to travel lots of miles the Corbin can't be beat. You have to get used to it, but when you do you will be hard pressed to find a more comfortable seat.

They cost more, but you get more. They have real leather seats, not vinyl, and the have good looks without losing comfort.

Bill

Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 AM
[Rowdy]
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gel seats are inferior, which is why Corbinnever got intoproducing them way back when they were popular. The bad thing about Gel is that when it's hot, your seat's hot, when it's cold, your seat is ice cold, and it stays that way. The hotter the seat, the more the gel expands, the colder, the more condensed it stays. Not to mention, gel can actually add pressure to your spinal area, as opposed to a foam or memory foam seat, which will take it away.

If you guys have any questions directly pertaining to Corbin seats, feel free to message, or contact me in anyway.

-Ryan "Rowdy."

[edited for spelling.]

Old 11-23-2007, 10:06 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,263 Likes on 22,615 Posts

Hmmmm, makes sense Rowdy. Can you take out the gel if a corbin seat has it in it, and would it effect the integrity of the seat and if so, would you have to replace the gel with anything?

Old 11-23-2007, 10:11 AM
1st HD
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the Sundowner deep bucket on my Fat Boy. Like others have said the back support is great. The seat is wide which is good unless your short. The rear part of the seat is wide as well which is good for passenger comfort. I'm sure the other seats you mentioned are just as good. However, I have no experience with them.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:23 AM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

ORIGINAL: lionsm13

Hmmmm, makes sense Rowdy. Can you take out the gel if a corbin seat has it in it, and would it effect the integrity of the seat and if so, would you have to replace the gel with anything?
I'm not to sure as to which models would gel in them, regardless, I think we would have to make a whole new pan, as the structure we use is based around the foam itself, so I would assume that if you had some sort of Corbin gel seat, the same would apply.

However, my knowledge on any type of Corbin gel seat is minimal. I'm under the impression that as far as we got was R&D.

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 11-25-2007, 11:36 AM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put 40K miles on my Mustang Solo seat with a back rest before I switched to Corbin. The Corbin seat is definitely more expensive and firmer than my Mustang but the support is superior in my opinion. With the Mustang seat I could squeeze out 500 miles/day but was squirming and looking forward to each stop after 300 miles. With the Corbin seats my all day rides many of which have been 500/day were significantly more pleasant.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:41 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Dunno guys. Mustang seats are not for everybody. Had 3 and sent them all back. I hated them. Buyer beware of return policy on any seat. Keep in mind, you may hate the seat you buy as all butts are not the same . I am a seat freak, by far,the most comfortable seat i have even had , is my stock Heritage seat. One of the many reasons i bought the bike i did ... Just food for thought here . Like my Sundowner i had on my street bob,but after awhile bt **** got sore,and it looked really hunky on my BOB . Also keep in my any saet change will either move you up...move you back,etc..This can be a problem. I been down the seat road to many times and learned the hard way . Tough topic here ..We all built different...

Old 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
chay48
Road Master

I love my Corbin, haven't tried the others.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:16 PM
flstcbob
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have experience with corbin and sundowner. The sundowner is a good seat for the money, but the corbin seats are far superior IMO. They have better support, are sculpted better,and have better craftsmanship.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:55 PM
1BadTrain
Cruiser

I've got the Lepera Bare Bones(gel insert)...Love it!

Quick Reply: Corbin, Lepera, or Sundowner?