Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROCKER DELAY UPDATE...DAMN!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:09 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: ROCKER DELAY UPDATE...DAMN!

Zoinks! That really stinks for those that really want one. Maybe they'll cut everyone a really good deal - since it's starting to look as if they'll be selling 08's in the 09 model year. Sorry, couldn’t help a little jab. This went from being frustrating, to extremely frustrating, to nauseating, to just plain comical.

Maybe while we are waitng they can do another year of the Deuce.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:18 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

that's a shame... hopefully, those thatordered one back in June/July already has a bike to ride.... it would really chap me if I were waiting this long to go riding.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 11-17-2007, 09:28 PM
rockerhead
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I buili this

[IMG]local://upfiles/39225/A17E68FAE1CF48F18FB1363DD7835D63.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Nails
Cruiser

The winter dealer meetings are in Feb. The dealers better let the MoCo have it. This is a huge snafu. A company of this size cannot make these kinds of marketing and production blunders. There is no way I'd buy an 08 version of the Rocker. Everyone who wants one should wait for an 09. The 08's will be perceived as having hidden issues, resulting in significantly diminished resale values. I can only hope there is adequate accountability for this at corporate. The 96" engines have significant crank runout issues. Just ask any of your reputable indy shops who have torn into them for upgrades. The crank runout issuse will certainly lead to premature oil pump failures. When the oil pump goes, the owner will be springing for a complete engine rebuild. 02 was the last year the MoCo included the Timken bearings on the left side. The quality has progressively slipped ever since. The MoCo has looked at the demographics of who's buying their bikes now & how many miles are being put on them each year. They are catering to the RUBS and building cheap bikes.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Rukeduke
3rd Gear

I had an 07 FXST....... burned holes in my trousers....wide tire in the rain was like a hog on ice !....at 1000miswapped it infor an 08 anniversary model Heritage( When I seen it on the show room floor I was not going home without it!)...... much better motorcycle for this old fart !.... ironic my son told me not to buy the first year model 96" engine! maybe its better to wait till the bright boys get the bugs ironed out...... "rockerhead" took the right path ... built a fine ride..... Rukeduke

Old 11-18-2007, 01:22 PM
BIGDOG73
Novice

New to the HD scene, what month should the 09' rockers arrive?

Old 11-18-2007, 01:30 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: rockerhead

This is why I buili this

[IMG]local://upfiles/39225/A17E68FAE1CF48F18FB1363DD7835D63.jpg[/IMG]
What do you have going there? Is thata PM bobber kit on your bike? It looks awesome.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:46 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: BIGDOG73

New to the HD scene, what month should the 09' rockers arrive?
Late July early Aug

Old 11-18-2007, 02:30 PM
MisterB
Cruiser

Damn, this whole thing could only have been worse if the Rocker Willie G. road to Sturgis fell apart and killed him.

I feel sorry for the guys that are waiting. It's hard enough to wait for a new bike you've ordered, but this has got to be down right maddening. Perhaps it's a good opportunity for you guys to get something else that you would have been happier with all along

Old 11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
SpringerDude
Tourer

Redgarding the "all orders are canceled" thing, that might only refer to the orders between the dealer and HD, and not necessarily the order placed by customers at the dealer. If so, those of you who placed your order at the dealer would stillget your position in line... Just a thought.

Quick Reply: ROCKER DELAY UPDATE...DAMN!