Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:21 PM
jglasgow110
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

I'm stuck...I'd really like to hear from anyone that has these pipes. I like the looks of all 3. To be honest, a LOT of people have the Big Radius and seem tolike them, but they're SO many people, they seem to have lost some of their appeal to me, BUT everyone that sees a picture of a bike with the darn things on them, sees the pipes first and goes "wow! cool pipes"... I like the looks of the Jug Huggers but hear very little about them on the forum...I don't know if it's because they're to loud, no one likes them, they suck, don't look good on a softailor what... I also like the Big Shot Staggareds, they have nice clean lines and I like how they "sleek" out the apperance of the bike. Which one of these has the deepest rumble. I like loud but not obnoxious. Which one will give the best performance? You guys have been great in the past...in fact I bought my 07 FXSTC because of the response I got off this board. Any advice/suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM
wallacem
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

I run HD Screaming Eagles pipes, the same as the "16 ga V&H". I also think they are the same pipes as the Staggards. I am really crazy about mine. I am running the short baffles shich makes them loud, but it runs GREAT, and sounds tough. Wallace

Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Default RE: I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

get the V&H pro pipe

Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
jglasgow110
Tourer

Just took a look at the pro...they look good but I've always perferred 2 into 2

Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: jglasgow110

I'm stuck...I'd really like to hear from anyone that has these pipes. I like the looks of all 3. To be honest, a LOT of people have the Big Radius and seem tolike them, but they're SO many people, they seem to have lost some of their appeal to me, BUT everyone that sees a picture of a bike with the darn things on them, sees the pipes first and goes "wow! cool pipes"... I like the looks of the Jug Huggers but hear very little about them on the forum...I don't know if it's because they're to loud, no one likes them, they suck, don't look good on a softailor what... I also like the Big Shot Staggareds, they have nice clean lines and I like how they "sleek" out the apperance of the bike. Which one of these has the deepest rumble. I like loud but not obnoxious. Which one will give the best performance? You guys have been great in the past...in fact I bought my 07 FXSTC because of the response I got off this board. Any advice/suggestions will be appreciated.
I hear ya. You see a lot of the V&H pipes on the forum here, but I don't think the market is flooded with them. I am in and around Daytona Florida and see bikes year round. I get a lot of people asking about my pipes (as if they never heard of them). Bear in mind that this forum represents a rare breed of coinsurers that that do a LOT of work on their bikes. Out there in real life I see a LOT of plain-jane motorcycles.

The V&H are popular for a reason. Excellent quality, even better sound! My V&H Big Shots Staggard have a very memorable sound that is nice and deep. Aparently folks insert those quiet baffles and get an even deeper sound. Mine are V&H stock BSS. I am also very fond of the V&H Big Radius pipes and had a hard time deciding between the two.

Just my two-cents.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
gunner065
Road Captain

As you can see by my sig pic, I went for the BSS. I was going to go with the BR, but changed my mind when I heard both sets and liked the BSS the most, but both sounded really good.I like the straight lines of the BSS. They have a nice sound that is not overly loud at idle or slow speeds, but when you twist the trottle, they really come to life. Truthfully, I've never heard too much about the Jug Huggers if anything at all. Only you can make the final decision, but use the info provided in this forum to aid in your decision. If you can, try to hear each and then decide.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:26 PM
jglasgow110
Tourer

It's a tough choice...those bikes look really sleek with the BSS. It's almost like the BR disrupt the lines of the bike somewhat.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain

I have the BR and everyone that is not an HD afficiandoloves the pipes. All of my HD friends love the look on my bike. I love the look and the sound! Granted it is not for every bike, but for my Black Bad 'GRRRRR' FatBoy they are a match! Just my opinion, ya gotta go for what your gut tells you to do. I think there are way more straight and staggered pipes out there than the BR, but just my opinion! Good luck!

Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 PM
FXSTD.AU
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know much about the huggers, but i was split between the V&H BSS and the BR. I liked the simple shape of the BSS, not too long and a nice loud sound, but in the end opted for the BR as the sound was a bit throatier (prolly due to noise bouncing up of the road which you get less of with the BSS), and partly cause my FXSTD has a rear fender that matches the BR shape - it sorta fit together for me.

I do hear you when you say everyone has the BR, they are online here everywhere... but there's a reason for that, they look great and they're quality. Personally for mine, i think the BSS would suite the Custom better, you've already go a fair bit of action in that pillion seat and the BSS would keep the rear looking clean.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:40 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master

I wanted to get new pipes when I saw how many people have the BR, but they sound so amazing I can't do it. I love these pipes and don't care how many other people run them becausethey look and sound so damn good. Just an FYI I run them without baffles.

Quick Reply: I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??