Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 PM
KY23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

These are actually python pipes which are made by Vance & Hines for Drag Specialties. They are the same pipes and take the V&H baffles but don't have removable tips. I like that they don't have the break for the removable tips and I like that they are about $75 - $100 cheaper.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:08 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default RE: I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

I got the Hooker troublemakers with the slash down. I know what your sayin about the V&H BR. Seems like everybody has got em. but then again when you actually go out and ride they are pretty rare. I think lots of folks on the forums and in magazines have em, but to the average joe they are not that common. anyways, I went with the troublemakers cause they are very similar to the BR, but they have one single heat shield with no joints, and they are ceramic coated on the inside for better heat transfer and more HP. anyways, good luck.

Not a great picture, but here is a pic so you get the idea:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/pimboden/003.jpg

Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

BSS w/ quiet baffles. Nice low tone, bark and bite are still there. Cleans up the highs and mids in my opinion. Lets the business tones shine though. Superb build and quality. .....need we say more?

Ultimitely its your decision, but V&H are #1 for a reason!

EDIT: and I just realized my sig pic is of my bike the first week I had her....need to update it.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had V&H slip-ons on my sportster with the baffles and I loved the sound and the quality. They wont have them for the Fatboy till January so I went with the Rush slip-ons because I wanted to keep the stock look. They sound great.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 AM
dsrtdoc
Cruiser

Was looking seriously at the BR but went with a 2-1 in the end. Love the look of the BR and there is a reason so many bikes have them. Good luck on you decision. DD

Old 11-16-2007, 02:48 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

I like that the lines of the BR allow more of the stock chrome stick out there. However, I have seen too many out there. Granted, you still see more pipes like the straightshots and such. I think the BR is now giving me the impression of someone that was trying to get custom with pipes that aren't custom. On the flip side, straight pipes will ALWAYS be featured on custom bikes and stock stuff so it's more about how it flows with the rest of the bike. If you have stock two-tone paint, stock seat, etc, then BR would look silly IMO.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:14 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

BIG RADIUS!!!! Nasty sound to it.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: tk353

I had V&H slip-ons on my sportster with the baffles and I loved the sound and the quality. They wont have them for the Fatboy till January so I went with the Rush slip-ons because I wanted to keep the stock look. They sound great.
I put Rush slip-ons with 2 1/4" baffles on until I decided what to do with the an entire system.
I have since gont to BR as you can see.
But to be quite honest, the Rush slip-onssounded a lot better than my BR in my opinion.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 AM
jglasgow110
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK... what about Big City Baffles in the BSS. Does it make them sound deeper. I went to the V&H website and listened to the 2 different pipes and the BR diffinately sound deeper and throatier (sp). The BSS sound a good bit higher in pitch...I'm wondering if this is the case or maybe the sound isn't represented very well on the computer. I really appreciate the advice. I find it really interesting that no one has the Jug Huggers...and thanks for the info about losing so much in the power curve...that kinda rules them out. So it looks like it's the BSS or the BR.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: KY23

These are actually python pipes which are made by Vance & Hines for Drag Specialties. They are the same pipes and take the V&H baffles but don't have removable tips. I like that they don't have the break for the removable tips and I like that they are about $75 - $100 cheaper.

WOW. I sure like your apes !! What size and beand are those , and how do they handle ? Very nice looking bike you have ! Fill me in on the details of those apes please . Thanks . Is that center leather on your gas tank stock ? It really looks good too .

I am not meaning to hijack thread.

As far as pipes i really like my Rush with 1.75 Baffle. They are borderline loud,I mite go the 1.5 baffle next time around. I did not download flash for pipes or anything. Bike running great with no popping on decel.

Quick Reply: I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??