Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
lastbike
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

i bought the big radius and pulled the bafffles and cut them in half and it really gives a good sound, i have a 07 fxstc and plan to upgrade to the 103 kit and i hope it sounds a little louder and deeper

Old 11-15-2007, 05:17 PM
KY23
Tourer
Default RE: I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??

One thing to remember is the BSS have an H pipe that helps equalize back pressure. This makes your bike alittle easier to tune correctly and you can get a bit more power. I don't believe that Jug huggers have baffles at all. This would be a big power drop even over your stock pipes.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:45 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Big Radius 2 into 1 's http://www.vanceandhines.com/a101_bi...2into1_07.html#

I think they are different from anything else out right now and they should get very good performance numbers. Not sure if anyone on the forum is running them yet. When they came out I had just put on new pipes so I will be waiting for a while. Get whatever makes you happy it is your bike screw what others think.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 PM
jglasgow110
Tourer

would there be a power drop or difference between theBR and the BSS?

Old 11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
wallyn
Road Captain

Power wise - The Big Shot Staggered should get better numbers than the Big Radius. Depends on type of build etc. but that is typical.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I really like the BSS and the BR. Both have killer looks.
But to me and my eye, I had to have the BR.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

got to this link and look at post #106 to hear the BR pipes

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2424429/mpage_3/tm.htm

Old 11-15-2007, 08:19 PM
CycleDrider
Road Master

I had BR's on my 05 wideglide and boy where they cool and full of great sound. I always got compliments on the bike with the pipes.. So I wanted something different for the 08 Fatboy. I went back and forth for a period of time and ended up with Cobra dragster's. They have a great low sound, great quality and have a great bark when I get on it. These pipes have a 1 piece heat shield so no joints.
Its really is your choice. You can't go wrong with the ones you have selected.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1528/06CD7042612B41EAA7C5516F7B846215.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-15-2007, 08:27 PM
jglasgow110
Tourer

Great comments...still no one that has the Jugs. It makes me really wonder why.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:28 PM
ImYourHuckleberry
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, if you aren't confused enough yet, I'll throw in another vote for the BSS. My Deuce has them. As another poster said, pretty reasonable sound level at idle and easy cruising, but very powerful sounding, and with any throttle cracking or hard riding they get pretty noisy. Whenever I get anywhere near a wall to my right, or corner hard to the right, they bounce back some pretty music at me. I am actually partial to the looks of the Big Radius, but judging by the 2 or 3 sets I've heard, I like the BSS sound a little more, and the power advantage of course.

Quick Reply: I'm stuck on which to buy...Big radius, Big shot staggared or Bud Jug Huggers??