Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Think I'm Going to get Sick

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007 | 10:06 AM
dex0807
Cruiser
Default RE: I Think I'm Going to get Sick

Dealer will rape you on the tank.

I have also heard of a trick that involves filling the tank up with water. All the way full, no air. Then freeze it. The expanding water inside as it freezes could pop out the dent.

Old 11-04-2007 | 10:23 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Your homeowners insurance / or bike insurance may cover it .. It's worth a shot. you may have to pay the deductable. be creative here . food for thought .

Old 11-04-2007 | 10:26 AM
drummer3278
|
Cruiser

Your homeowners insurance / or bike insurance may cover it .. It's worth a shot. you may have to pay the deductable. be creative here . food for thought
Thanks Voyager,
I didn't even consider that possibility. Looks like phone calls tomorrow.

Old 11-04-2007 | 10:45 AM
gunner065
Road Captain

It must suck and I feel bad for you. Like the other guys said, now is your chance forcustom paint.

Old 11-04-2007 | 11:04 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: voyager1

Your homeowners insurance / or bike insurance may cover it .. It's worth a shot. you may have to pay the deductable. be creative here . food for thought .
I never thought about the insurance, the only thing is the homeowners will probaly have more deductable than the thing cost.
But hey, you gotta find out.

I once broke out a window of my house teaching my 4 year old daughter how to golf and I asked my insurance agent if I was insured against my own stupidity and he said I was. But the window was less than my deductable.

Old 11-05-2007 | 10:02 AM
spikehyre
Road Master

ORIGINAL: voyager1

And if that does not work......change the oil.

Old 11-05-2007 | 10:23 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: drummer3278

Your homeowners insurance / or bike insurance may cover it .. It's worth a shot. you may have to pay the deductable. be creative here . food for thought
Thanks Voyager,
I didn't even consider that possibility. Looks like phone calls tomorrow.
I don't think I would claim it on insurance. It would probably cause your insurance cost to increase and you'd be stuck with that increase for quite some time. Chances are, it could cost you more in the long run. I'd just order another tank from HD, or get an aftermarket tank and have a custom painter match it up. You can order the decals and have the custom painter put them on for you too. I just wouldn't claim it on insurance unless you knew your rates weren't going to increase. I have a $1k deductable on all my vehicles to keep my cost down. If I make a stupid mistake, I'll just pay for it myself rather than have my monthly bills increase. Just my $.02.

Old 11-05-2007 | 11:16 AM
PhatDLX
Tourer

Being the meticulous person that I am, I would have just purchased a New Tank and be done with it. Good Luck!

Old 11-05-2007 | 02:21 PM
cbigbie191
Road Master

Thats is a bummer but sounds like its time for minor bodywork and some custom paint.

Old 11-05-2007 | 03:28 PM
glook1
Cruiser

I feel your pain. My friends call my FB the black cloud because if it can happen it has. Good luck!!!

Quick Reply: I Think I'm Going to get Sick