Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Describe ride difference between Deluxe and Standard or FX Springer

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 08:50 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Describe ride difference between Deluxe and Standard or FX Springer

Demo dudes were at my dealer recently. First I have to say, as soon as I get old enough() I am getting one of those SE Ultras. I was very impressed for how well it handled for what I expected to be a big lumbering piece of furniture. I was able to ride the SE Springer, and Softail Custom too. They had a Fatbob but I passed on that one.

Anyway, to the point of this post... We are looking at trading or augmenting the wife's Sporty with a Deluxe. I own an FX Springer and I have ridden both a Softail Standard and the Custom. Unfortunately I was not able to test ride a Deluxe. I am very interested in hearing from anyone who has ridden a Deluxe and one of the others. How do they compare to the Deluxe? If I put the wife on my Springer in the parking lot is it going to be somewhat close to the Deluxe or way off?

Thanks in advance for any good comments.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:31 PM
shrydog
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: Describe ride difference between Deluxe and Standard or FX Springer

The FX models are harder to steer through the turns because of the thin front tire and&nbsp\\;raked front end.&nbsp\\; The Deluxe has the FL front end and a fat tire to mach the rear making turns easier and smooth.&nbsp\\; The Deluxe is going to be an easier bike to control.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:45 PM
marty44
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Describe ride difference between Deluxe and Standard or FX Springer

I've had my 07 Deluxe for 2 years now and I agree. It's one of the easiest bikes to ride in the HD catalogue. The seat is also the lowest of all the Softails so it's a very popular bike for guys and girls under 5'8".