Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my SERT with a dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 01:40 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Got my SERT with a dyno tune

Also posted on the General board

After being out at sea for a little while I came back and picked up my Fatboy with its new SERT. I probably paid too much for the part, install and the dyno tune but its all good right, its only mone [:@] but anyway I am really happy with the results. I gained 8Hp and 10Ftlbs of tourque, it also shaved 1.5 seconds off of my max power run, so the bike is alot faster than it was. In all reality though i didnt put the race tuner on there to really get more power, my bike was out of tune( really lean) and thats why I did this but, as a plus i got pretty big gains from just a fuel map, or atleast i think i did. As for pipes and intake, ive got V&H bigshot staggered and the SE stage 1 intake. so here are the dyno sheets let me know what you guys think.

Chris

Old 12-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Got my SERT with a dyno tune

Chris,

Great results on your bike. I'm glad you are happy. I've been preachin the Race Tuner for so long it makes me feel good when I read a post like yours. I take it your motor is stock with just the exhaust and air cleaner upgrade. I bet you can really feel the difference.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-19-2005, 12:36 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

Chris,

Great results on your bike. I'm glad you are happy. I've been preachin the Race Tuner for so long it makes me feel good when I read a post like yours. I take it your motor is stock with just the exhaust and air cleaner upgrade. I bet you can really feel the difference.

[sm=biker2.gif]
Thanks Terry, you are correct in saying that my bike is stock with the exception of the pipes and air cleaner, I would in the future like to put on some gear driven cams though, something with a little more duration and lift than the stock ones. I personally thought that the gains from the SERT were really very good, to get 8hp and 10ft lbs of torque from just a fuel map are great gains considring that the motor is really not that big.

Chris

Old 12-20-2005, 01:54 PM
06DEUCE
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that sounds close to my #'s as well. my dyno run was 74.9 hp and 79.4 trq. the race tuner is the only way to go in my book !