Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buffalo brand beach bars ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007 | 10:38 PM
chromedome
|
Road Master
Default Buffalo brand beach bars ????

Has anone heard of a "Buffalo" Beach Bars? Got a shop here that I asked about Burly Bikini's.They said theyhad these Buffalo beach bars and that they were made by Burly and the same specs as the bikinis. But when he gave me the specs, the pull back and center weredifferent.

I've had some work done there and they are good and reasonable. But the guy commented last time that me bringing my parts in and having them installed was liking bringing my own cake to someone elses birthday party. But hell... why should I pay his mark up when I can get the stuff cheaper through these on line stores.

Old 10-25-2007 | 08:31 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Buffalo brand beach bars ????

That's fairly standard... The guy doing the install is making some mark-up on the parts as well.. So typically, if he'll at least cut you a bit off of retail as a good jesture, it might be reasonable. If they insist on full-boat retail, then it becomes a matter of principle to me and I'd have to decide just how good is their service.. It might be worth it.. Might not.

To me, as far and few between as good conscientious reliable wrench's are, a really good one should be able to demand full-boat retail... But it's all about competition and customer loyalty.. If you're loyal to them, and they're loyal to you, then there shouldn't be an issue getting a fair deal on parts too, but if they're demanding full-dollar, to me that sends a signal there's no loyalty there to keep your business. The competitor's around might be more hungry.

What really stinks is, you could go to the harley dealer, still pay full-boat retail and still they wouldn't care if they forgot to replace the oil in the engine. It's hard to get dedicated service with what the dealership owners pay those guys. A good independent shop can be a thing of beauty.

Oh, and Buffalo is basically straight out of a drag catalog, like burly I think...

How much a price difference is it??? If it's like $20 or so, no big deal..

Just make sure you get the part you want, wherever you get it.. If they're pushing a set of handlebars over another (given that it's such a personal thing), I'd only buy into it if they had those handlebars right there so I could check them out.. which is very very unusual.. but would be a very nice thing.

Wow.. can I right a larger post? Good coffee this morning. hehehehe