Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat daddy wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I am not here to argue semantics. I posted my opinion and it stands as it is. That was only one incident, but it only needs to happen once to make me think twice. Here is teh link.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...killed-me.html

Drew

Old 03-16-2011, 04:39 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by t stone
Drew, That was one incedent with the flat tire. If it was a common thing DNA would not be in business right now due to the liability and from getting sued. I got a rear flat on my deluxe a couple years ago with the dunlop tire. It could happen to any tire. All spoke wheels run tubes. I raced motocross for years getting flats quite often with spoke wheels and tubes. I know its more dangerous to get a flat on the road but any wheel or tire can blow at any time. I do agree that they shouldnt call the wheel tubeless if there is leak issues. Its just safe practice to run tubes in a spoke wheel. The quality of the wheel is good, other than a possible leak. How long did you run DNA on your bike? Did you have any blow outs?
Stone
Well said man! As i see it that post was about 2 yrs ago. ... I've been runnen DNA's for about 2 yrs +/- ... Im 100% satisfied.... And my wallet is also... As mention on another post in the past i can buy 2 sets of DNA's for the price of one set of Ride Writes.... Run tubes in all spoked wheels regardless of brand... problem solved with leaks..

As for chroming or whatever quality.. the wheels i'm runnen now were purchased in June 10' and they still look as good as the day i purchased them... And i can pull my old wheel up and i purchased that one in March 09' and quality is till the same ...

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 03-16-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:50 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

I can only speak for my wheels...DNA Mamoths. I bought my set from KC International and they were perfect and mounted right up with no issues. I put tubes in them for safety reasons and I did not want any leaking issues. For my money, I could not see paying double for the same product in a different brand but that is just me. I decided to take a calculated risk believing that while there has been some complaints on this forum against DNA, I assumed DNA sells to far more satisfied customers or they would be out of business. I also paid with a Visa so I knew I had added protection.

The other issue on price is that I tend to get bored and change things up from time to time. With the price of DNAs, it will be easier to swap them out in the future should I want to change wheel color or go to some other wheel. Again, I can get 2 complete sets of DNAs for the price of their competition. I would rather have the coin in my pocket than in the company margin.

Last edited by stratplexi; 03-19-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:33 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stratplexi
I can only speak for my wheels...DNA Mamoths. I bought my set from KC International and they were perfect and mounted right up with no issues. I put tubes in them for safety reasons and I did not want any leaking issues. For my money, I could not see paying double for the same product in a different brand but that is just me. I decided to take a calculated risk believing that while there has been some complaints on this forum against DNA, I assumed DNA sells to far more satisfied customers or they would be out of business. I also paid with a Visa so I knew I had added protection.
Stone

Fat daddy wheels-sdc11437.jpg

Fat daddy wheels-sdc11442.jpg

Old 03-19-2011, 10:27 AM
cpc0812
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with sinister billet daddy wheels. Its a mag wheel that has the look of spokes. Very nice wheel. Heres a couple of pics.

Attached Thumbnails  Fat daddy wheels-014.jpg    Fat daddy wheels-015.jpg