Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage? Deluxe? FatBoy? DANG! Help me decide!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:12 PM
Hidalgo
|
Tourer
Default Heritage? Deluxe? FatBoy? DANG! Help me decide!!!!

OK, I'm almost ready to trade the Sporty. I had a Deluxe in mind..........that is, until I rode a Heritage this morning. Now I'm REALLY confused! I also just love the looks of the Fat Boy.

You owners out there need to help me out! Tell me WHY you like your Heritage / Fat Boy / Deluxe and what made you pick it over the other two I mentioned. Honestly....I can't decide why one would stand out over the others except in the "looks" department, so I need to know your experiences and what turned you towards your ride.

This is going to be my one and only trade for several years, and I don't want to botch it up, or else the wife will choke me...........HELP!!!!

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:18 PM
ronyd
Road Master
Default RE: Heritage? Deluxe? FatBoy? DANG! Help me decide!!!!

Go to the HD stealer and sit on each if you can. the geomtrys will be slightly different. All similar but different if that makes any sense. May come down to just looks for you. But i really think you should sit on each and I think you may notice the sudlte diffs. If not, all about looks at that point and bells and whistles. I went from a Duece to the Deluxe and never looked back.

good luck

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:31 PM
billfitt
Cruiser

i had the same choices to make. i liked the heritage minus the bags. the deluxe was nice except by the time you add lights and shield it was more exp than the heritage. i really liked the fit on the fatboy. i ended up with the fatboy and plan on changing the wheels to spokes and make it more like the deluxe and heritage.

sit on each one try, to get a test ride on each of them and you will probally find which one feels right.

bill

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:32 PM
Hidalgo
|
Tourer

Thanks for the reply Ron.

I sat on all three this morning......several times......and it just gets more confusing......[sm=confused06.gif]

The Heritage is getting my vote at this stage, mainly because I like the bars better than the Deluxe. But MAN...the Deluxe is purty! [sm=Awwww.gif]

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:34 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

I test rode all above, The heritage just happened to fit me the best,and i liked the looks. Tough call,they all awesome bikes. Plus for me i wanted bags and a windshield. To me a Heritage looks a lot like a fatboy when you take the windshield off. Good luck.

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:36 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Dito on the bars. they fit me best ..

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:38 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

My heritage now 2 weeks old, no regrets !! Love the bike . 500 miles on her so far.

Hidalgo
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: voyager1

Plus for me i wanted bags and a windshield. To me a Heritage looks a lot like a fatboy when you take the windshield off. Good luck.
Another good point made....I will definitely want bags and a windshield. And you get that already with the Heritage. Thanks for bringing that up.

PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

This is an easy one to answer. Go Fatboy all the way!

The beefy front-end of these three gives you plenty of confort for the longer rides without having to move up to cup-holder and CD player models.

The FB gives you the options of staying sporty without having to haul bags and shields if you don't want them. (most folks always find a need for both of these BTW).

But, you can't beat the 200mm rear tire that you only get on the FB. My wife can wiggle around back there and I don't even know it. I feel like I am running on rails most of the time, and there's usually no mistaking a FB from any other model on the road.

Some kidding aside, like ronyd said, yat gotta go sit on em anyway just to see which feels right to YOU.

Best of luck with your decision. Let us know!

P.S. Welcome to the Fatboy club! hee hee hee hee.

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:43 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

PoorBoy Awesome looking scoot ~~~ !! dig the colors on the fatboy !!

Quick Reply: Heritage? Deluxe? FatBoy? DANG! Help me decide!!!!