Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Street legal mufflers(not any more!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:06 AM
banjo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Street legal mufflers(not any more!)

Hi
Had my first service done by the stealer to-day,and to cut the story short they messed me about a bit at first by double booking my time slot! anyway they sorted it out but I had to wait a couple of extra hours . Whilst waiting I got talking to the tuning guy and asked how to get a better sound from my SE street legal mufflers.He showed me how to remove the baffles completely using a dent puller whilst still on the bike! when removed he said just cut them in half with a hacksaw just past the holes in the tube! then re fit the rear bit, they look the same from the rear when done.
Well when I arrived home I got to work and boy have I released the demon beast now! It sounds awesome! lovely deep throaty growl and she goes like sh*t
Then to put the cream on the cake my new TMax and bigsucker arrived from the states this afternoon and they are going on tommorow! Got them from Eastern performance good service but ripped me off with the freight! ( living in oz I always get a freight quote first), but still I'm happy and it was still cheaper than buying in oz.

Softail Fxst 2007
SE street "illegal" mufflers
ANess big sucker
TMax autotune.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:49 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: SE Street legal mufflers(not any more!)

To be honest you pay good money for the se mufflers and you have to hack them up to get any sound out of them. I myself would not buy any se mufflers i would have purchased a set of cycle shack or maybe rush slip ons and be done with it. lets face it Harley is out of the true performance exhaust systems market. even when they had the se mufflers with the crossed flags which were not street legal they were not that good. one factor most riders do not take into consideration is that when your on the bike the pipes sound louder. have a good friend or one of the Harley techs take the bike and go by you while you are just watching and listening while he drives by the sound is no where as loud as when your on the bike which is what others are hearingthey are hearing what your getting on the bike i was totally surprised the first time i heard my old bike go by which had screamin eagle non street leagle slip ons on it a big difference worth looking at.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:16 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

I Have SE1s, they were not street legal but were no longer manufactured after 2005, they are just about perfect, there is a good sound, you know im there ill set off your car alarm but i dont need ear plugs when rolling on trips, if you can find them they are great

Old 11-09-2007, 02:47 PM
CaptnJack1744
Stage III

Has Anybody tried this sort of mod on the touring models ?

2007 Road King, 96 cu.