Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many here have reserved a Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007 | 07:40 PM
DpneThoo2
Advanced
Default RE: How many here have reserved a Rocker?

So what is MSRP for everyone?

Old 10-25-2007 | 08:36 AM
rockerhead
Road Captain

msrp IS THE PRICE QUOTED ON THE moco's WEB SITE

Old 10-28-2007 | 05:55 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

Was at the dealer on Friday and they told me the Rocker is not expected to ship until Jan 2008 according to the MoCo. That does not mean they can't push the date back again. Can't imgine what HD found that they had to delay these things 3 times! Someone screwed up either in the engineering or the manufacturing but this is not acceptable to the customers who sold their previous bikes and put money down for these things.

Old 10-29-2007 | 04:57 PM
fxstbharley2008
Tourer

I put $500 down on a Pacific Blue Rocker C. That was backin the middle ofJuly. I was told the bike would be shipped on the 21t of September. I also have aRocker onorder at another dealer, no money down. I am paying right at MSRP thet are telling me Jan now...

Old 10-29-2007 | 05:29 PM
wingnutt
Road Master

Putting a down payment on a bike, that you are paying MSRP or higher for, and being told you have to wait 6 to 7 months for it, is completely unreasonable IMHO.

Old 10-29-2007 | 05:54 PM
mojo55
Advanced

Put my $500.00 down in september called my dealer last week they said April and i'm first in line for rocker cw. By the way I looked atmy invoice after giving my 500 down and the total amount was around
350.00 dollars high I figured the difference was the cost of the optional secureity system. So I called them
to tell them I didn't want the secureity system they said the 350.00 wasn't for that it was for the setup.
A little steep for setup don't you think?

Old 10-29-2007 | 06:04 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member

Man, sounds like the old days...order the harley from the dealer, and you might get it in a year...lol...

I have heard many reasons for the delay, most deal with poor engineering, or poorly planned processes to build the thing.

And by the way...since NO rocklers have been delivered anywhere in the USA, Why on earth would anyoneput money down ona bike theyhave NOT seen, or sat on to see if the stupid thing fits you or not?? that makes no sense to me whatsoever. But to each his or her own I suppose...I'll keep the practical side...if it don't fit me...I don't want it, no matter how "revolutonary" it might be.
ORIGINAL: wingnutt

Putting a down payment on a bike, that you are paying MSRP or higher for, and being told you have to wait 6 to 7 months for it, is completely unreasonable IMHO.

Old 10-31-2007 | 07:47 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

I was in the dealers last weekend & ask the salesman what's up with the Rocker delivey. He said unofficially that no Rocker will be delivered until the test bikes have 20000 miles.

Old 10-31-2007 | 08:34 PM
Purple Thunder
Cruiser

are you saying NOBODY has one??? What a hoax

Old 11-01-2007 | 05:06 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Purple Thunder

are you saying NOBODY has one??? What a hoax
Certainly not. I'm just telling you what he said. I'm sure there are some very fortunate few getting to put some test miles on.

Quick Reply: How many here have reserved a Rocker?