Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007 | 12:00 PM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!

Going to get them chromed and sell them exchange on ebay and so on and so on... I THINK ??

DeanO

ORIGINAL: dunerider777

Cool Bike Deano.I must say though Mogsy's Heritage should also enter BOTM it looks awsome.Deano what have you done with your old wheels?

Old 10-23-2007 | 12:49 PM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

Hey Moggs....

What is the part number for your seat? There is one on ebay in Qld... he says it is the Le Pera Barebone with Gel... but the photo he has doesn't look like yours... yours looks better... just wondering if he is selling same seat and it is a camera angle that makes it look different etc etc..

DeanO

ORIGINAL: moggsy

Actually the Corbin does look alright but i mainly use it when i go on long rides or when i have the bags on.The seat has studs to match the Heritage bags but there is one without the studs.
Corbin seats are leather whereas the le Pera and Mustang seats are not leather,if that matters.
Here is a pic of the Corbin with a rider backrest on but you get the idea.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5869/9F935D97243C42F49D21D513BD7BBE0F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-23-2007 | 12:55 PM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

This is the pic from ebay... looks like it comes up heaps further than yours at the back.... Is it same??

Also, another question How hard is it to take your seat off and put the standard back on if I have a pillion and need to put stock seat and pillion back on??

DeanO

DeanO,
Cant see the other side of your bike but noticed you got matching rotors for your new wheels.Did you get a matching pulley ??? That would finish the back end off nicely .

If you wanted to drop some bills possibly a chrome swingarm and then there's the engine mods.

I am waiting till things start breaking down before i do the motor.

Ah it never ends ..............
[IMG]local://upfiles/24695/C856A42E88294E4188940DDCC826CD42.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-23-2007 | 01:10 PM
ausstu
Intermediate

Deano,

I have been looking at the LED conversion that you have, and it is something i would like to do also. Can you tell me if the rear turn signals glow red or orange?? I would presume orange, but the instruction sheet on the Kuryakyn website says RED!
By the way, Candy Red Sunglo 08 Fatboy has been ordered from John at Trivetts - should be here in January.

Stuart

Old 10-23-2007 | 01:35 PM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

G'day... I hope the stuff I said about trivetts vs frasers had something to do with your decision...Trivett treat their customers real well and do a lot with / for Sydney HOG. You will be happy with your decision.

As for the turn signals, no they ARE red when they light up.... but the front ones are orange. I've had cops behind me plenty of times with my red turn signals flashing... they don't seem to care. What you could do is buy a front set for the back and you could easily modify the wiring to fit... but physically the front and back are exactly the same size... just the wiring plug is different because one has 2 wires and one has three... personally I reckon just bolt them on AS IS but make sure you get both front and rear.... amazing how much better they look than standard and seconds to install.

If you want someone cheap and reliable to order from in the US... I and many others on here use www.lewiscustomcycles.com ... he is the best guy to deal with and CARES and APPRECIATES your business and shops around for cheapest shipping etc etc etc... give them a go... email ronnie@lewiscustomcycles.com and say I sent ya...

He can also get genuine HD bits and whilst for genuine HD he is SLIGHTLY more expensive than the likes of chicago HD, you will find that he ships the stuff WAY cheaper and so it works out cheaper to buy both genuine and aftermarket stuff off him.... Trust me on this guy, he's a top bloke and teriffic to deal with! He's in Kentucky and you can pay him through paypal etc etc...

DeanO

ORIGINAL: ausstu

Deano,

I have been looking at the LED conversion that you have, and it is something i would like to do also. Can you tell me if the rear turn signals glow red or orange?? I would presume orange, but the instruction sheet on the Kuryakyn website says RED!
By the way, Candy Red Sunglo 08 Fatboy has been ordered from John at Trivetts - should be here in January.

Stuart

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:43 PM
Zzack
Cruiser

I'll add my "hell yeah"! Looking mighty slick. Very nice. You have great taste in style!

Old 10-23-2007 | 07:14 PM
ausstu
Intermediate

Cheers Deano,

That is exactly the info I needed. Thanks.

My initial thoughts were to purchase through Frazers, where I bought my current bike, and hope to get a good trade.
But after going to Trivetts I felt more welcome at the dealership. Had a test ride last Friday out to La Perouse, came back and placed the order!!

I will try Ronnie, but how do you order - Via email, or does he have an online store? I have ordered and recieved parts through M&M Cycles, which have been easy to deal with.

BTW your hog is looking fine.

Stuart

Old 10-23-2007 | 08:19 PM
moggsy
Road Captain

DeanO,

I have a studded fender bib that i use when i put the Studded solo Corbin seat on and the studded bags.

I will find out tonight the part no. for the Le Pera seat i have but i am sure the ones with gel are a bit thicker so may come up a bit higher at the back.

As far as changing seats its just one allen key bolt on each side of the seat.2 minute job literally.I dont have a pillion seat for the Le Pera seat (although you can get one)as its just a bar-hopper seat but the Corbin has a pillion seat.

Putting my toolbox back on tonight.Not looking forward trying to put that damn bolt on the inward side of the frame,a real fiddly task.Anyway catch ya later >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

Old 10-23-2007 | 08:40 PM
kara
Cruiser

thanks dean,

i read your email to ronnie,thanks for the input!
yours ARE the led lights....i think i must have missed that point in my discussions with ronnie
problem is, they are double the price and then i think the LED tailight becomes compulsory..which makes the whole thing pretty expensive

or worth it??

i'll get a price from ronnie, have a few beers, and then decide

thanks again

Old 10-24-2007 | 02:14 AM
moggsy
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: dmac1968

Hey Moggs....

What is the part number for your seat? There is one on ebay in Qld... he says it is the Le Pera Barebone with Gel... but the photo he has doesn't look like yours... yours looks better... just wondering if he is selling same seat and it is a camera angle that makes it look different etc etc..

DeanO

Actually the Corbin does look alright but i mainly use it when i go on long rides or when i have the bags on.The seat has studs to match the Heritage bags but there is one without the studs.
Corbin seats are leather whereas the le Pera and Mustang seats are not leather,if that matters.
Here is a pic of the Corbin with a rider backrest on but you get the idea.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5869/9F935D97243C42F49D21D513BD7BBE0F.jpg[/IMG]
Deano,

The Le pera bare bones seat i have has a part number of LX007.

Quick Reply: Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!