Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007 | 04:28 AM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!

What did they charge you for that (labour wise). I can't believe these guys charge $100 an hour for some apprentice to bolt a set of forks on.... I have a degree in electrical engineering and another in an unrelated field and I ain't getting $100 an hour..... SH*T!!! Think I'm in the wrong business!

I have been importing exhausts and selling 'em to people lately.... can't believe how many of them would have paid $1500 for a set of Vance and Hines locally... Maybe I should offer installation too and charge $100/hr

DeanO

ORIGINAL: moggsy

Got my front end done at Frasers.They did the upper sliders,lower sliders and headlight nacelle.Not sure if you want the nacelle or not but i reckon it would look hot.

As far as paint schemes go,drop in and see Mark.Top bloke and he has heaps of samples and pics to look at.I am going for a nostalgic,50'S sort of theme with a 2 tone jobby.I think a nice candy apple greenwith darker metallic green ghost flames would suit your scoot but the choices are endless.

Good luck with it

Old 10-22-2007 | 04:54 AM
kara
Cruiser

how you goingdeano
i purchased kuryakyn turn lights from our buddy ronnie( as per your suggestion )and was wondering do you have the blue silverstone globe ones?
do they light up properly as others on this site suggest they might be a but dim

harry

Old 10-22-2007 | 05:35 AM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

No I have the LED turn signal conversions... they just clip on instead of the standard orange covers and plug into existing wiring... you have seen what they look like!

The rear are:

Rear L.E.D. Turn Signal Conversions - New Bullet Style, Smoke Lens Part # 4827

The front are:

Front L.E.D. Conversions - New Bullet Style, Smoke Lens Part # 4825

They are LED so NO BULBS!!

I would also order: Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion, Smoke Lens Part # 4974

Which is the one with the little chrome strip down the middle...

Which I reckon looks better than the one without the chrome strip which is part # 4959 (although you should choose which your prefer)

to go with the turn signal conversion.... it made a HUGE difference when I put them on..... then remove the reflectors from the back !!

DeanO

ORIGINAL: kara

how you goingdeano
i purchased kuryakyn turn lights from our buddy ronnie( as per your suggestion )and was wondering do you have the blue silverstone globe ones?
do they light up properly as others on this site suggest they might be a but dim

harry

Old 10-22-2007 | 12:46 PM
dunerider777
Intermediate

Cool Bike Deano.I must say though Mogsy's Heritage should also enter BOTM it looks awsome.Deano what have you done with your old wheels?

Old 10-22-2007 | 01:36 PM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

Yup!! I reckon us Aussies got good taste in bikes!! Maybe we should have a December bike of the month with all Aussie bikes (AND NO BAGGERS!!!) for a change

DeanO

ORIGINAL: dunerider777

Cool Bike Deano.I must say though Mogsy's Heritage should also enter BOTM it looks awsome.Deano what have you done with your old wheels?

Old 10-22-2007 | 05:21 PM
moggsy
Road Captain

DeanO,

Mate from memory it was pretty pricey but cant remember exactly as it was a while ago.But if you do the front upper and lower sliders do the chrome fork cover kit (the plate behind the headlight).

That way your whole front end will be chromed.Dont forget toget stainless hardware while its all pulled apart.I have changed out all the nasty galv steel bolts for stainless and looks better.Do it once,do it properly.

Agree a $100/hr is up there but Magnums at W'gong charge $55/hr so its an option anyway.Also a dude at Revesby who charges around the same.

Old 10-22-2007 | 05:37 PM
moggsy
Road Captain

Dunerider,appreciate the kind words......... but those baggers always do very well in BOTM.

Old 10-23-2007 | 11:52 AM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

You should give Ronnie a call at www.lewiscustomcycles.com and he can hook you up Sorry, trying to put in a plug for this guy with my reply... the guy is such a great guy to deal with and great prices that I can't help but give him a good wrap whenever I get a chance! Your bike is looking like it has a lot of potential there

DeanO

ORIGINAL: CycleDrider

Looks pretty darn good man... It really looks mean lowered in the rear. I have some catching up to do...[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-23-2007 | 11:56 AM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

Let's be honest... when a bagger is in it, it is pretty much unfair because the bulk of the people on here I am quite sure own baggers and hence baggers will appeal to them more... if they wanted to make it fair you should have to designate what kinda of Harley you have when you sign up and it only allows an even amount of votes from each section or something... but still it would be fairer than any of our political voting systems... at least hdforums actually counts them and doesn't manipulate the votes.All the technology in the world, and when we vote in Australia it is PENCIL ON PAPER.... when are we gonna wake up??

Dean

Dunerider,appreciate the kind words......... but those baggers always do very well in BOTM.

Old 10-23-2007 | 11:57 AM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

Hey dude, you should get one of those hogdeluxe fender bibs... it would look great on your bike!!

Yep it is a toolbox.I took it off just to see what it looks like without it as i cant remember but been too lazy to put it back on.

Currently got V&H softail duals fishtailsas per my sig.but had 4 or 5 before that.But wanted the nostalgic look so i will stay with the fishtails.

HAGWE

Quick Reply: Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!