Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 01:25 PM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!

I'm saving my best ideas for when I get a chance to run / fix the country

Dean

ORIGINAL: ausstu

Now that sounds like a good idea!

ORIGINAL: dmac1968

I buy ALL my parts from the US and I just drop them down to the local Harley dealer and pay them to put them on... they don't charge any more because I didn't buy it from them.... Also, I ring all three or four HD Dealers and get a FIXED quote and number of hours for each job and take it to whoever is cheaper... if you are in Sydney HOG you get 10% off labour at Trivett too I think and they are generally less busy than the other two so you are not waiting weeks to book the bike in..... I recommend ordering all the bits from the US.... especially seeing as though you have the time up your sleeves!

DeanO

Pretty much retail (maybe $200 off), colour is Candy Red Sunglo.

What I have found out is the diference in ordering parts from him, as opposed to ordering via USA. Save about 50% from US. Only prob. is the Aux lights, braided cables, grips etc, I don't think I would feel comfortable doing myself!

Stuart

ORIGINAL: dmac1968

So what deal did John end up doing you on the fatboy? Did you order in custom color??

DeanO

Could be interested in this, Let me know how much you want, and when you would like to sell - bearing in mind I don' t have the bike till next year.
So there is no rush.

You have just saved me some dollars on the oil cooler - looks good though!

Stuart

Old 11-02-2007 | 10:03 AM
Pat C
Cruiser

Are those Kuryakyn rear axle covers? I thought they didn't make them for 07 Fatboys.

Old 11-02-2007 | 10:19 AM
flst06
Cruiser

Awesome! Those wheels look great, along w/ the rest of your mods.

IMO - Do not keep track of what you spend. Trust me, after several project carsand bikes you really don't want to know. If you don't know you won't be depressed when it comes time to sell or, god-forbid, you're in an accident and have to settle w/ the insurance company.

Besides that if you keep track of it your spouse may find it as well. You definitely don't want her to know.

Don

Old 11-02-2007 | 10:47 AM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

20 seconds with the grinder on the right rear and they fit on no problem... I am not the most mechanical person in the world but they look and fit perfect after the grind

DeanO

ORIGINAL: Pat C

Are those Kuryakyn rear axle covers? I thought they didn't make them for 07 Fatboys.

Old 11-02-2007 | 10:50 AM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

I agree.... I am WAY more pissed about the LIMITED EDITION collectors Item car I spent $70k on to supercharge and a whole lot of other crap and that $70k would have been 6 house deposits back in 1999 , each of which would have gone up $200k in value in 4 - 5 years... and now I have to spend money to put that same car back to standard just so it is worth money because it is a collectors item and must be in original condition to be worth money! Aaarrgghhh!!! The things we would do different given foreknowlege eh!!

DeanO

ORIGINAL: flst06

Awesome! Those wheels look great, along w/ the rest of your mods.

IMO - Do not keep track of what you spend. Trust me, after several project carsand bikes you really don't want to know. If you don't know you won't be depressed when it comes time to sell or, god-forbid, you're in an accident and have to settle w/ the insurance company.

Besides that if you keep track of it your spouse may find it as well. You definitely don't want her to know.

Don