Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007 | 12:28 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!

Your bike is looking great....and the factory color is incredible...

Old 10-28-2007 | 12:34 PM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

I notice you keep really odd hours also... are you still up or just getting up at 4am?I am still up, usually fixing or building pc's while I putt about on here in between waiting for things to happen... Also dude, don't forget what I told ya about getting parts from the states... the ONLY person that I could and would recommend to any Aussie (and there are now quite a few of us buying from him) is Ronnie from www.lewiscustomcycles.com . This guy is something else! He is ALL about customer service and he does great prices on parts and shipping... even getting genuine HD stuff is cheaper off him because his shipping is SO much cheaper then chicago Harley Davidson who now refuse to use anybody other than DHL... OUCH!! Trust me and give him a try... I wouldn't recommend him to another Aussie if I wasn't 100% sold on this dude and I have already imported over $20k worth of stuff from him without incident!! Which is more than I can say for my purchases from others over there!! Give him a try! Tell him you're one of my mates and he will look after you... ask "KARA" on here and a few of the others... they are all ecstatic with him! Don't buy local, it's a ripoff... if you intend getting over $1000 AUS from Ronnie, let me know and we will sort something out for you to minimise hassles etc etc!

DeanO

Old 10-28-2007 | 12:37 PM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

Love your bike and the sig pic Whiskers... makes me think of better times!! Yeah the colour is a problem... it's a new paint job and too good to PAINT OVER hence why I have not yet gone ahead with a custom paint job... I will wait 'til it gets a bump or bruise and then get it re-painted. For now it stays as is!!

DeanO

ORIGINAL: Whiskers

Your bike is looking great....and the factory color is incredible...

Old 10-28-2007 | 06:42 PM
ausstu
Intermediate

Yeah start at 4.30 am, so I hope the Fatty won't be too loud for the neighbours!! (Might have to push it down the road before hitting the start button!)

I have emailed Ronnie for some prices, hope to hear soon. Did you get the speedo from him?

I have learnt not to buy local after saving close to $700.00 on a set of V&H BSS pipes. Will see how I go with orders as I am trying to keep below $1000, both for customs reasons and my credit card, oh , and my Wife.

Regards

Stuart

ORIGINAL: dmac1968

I notice you keep really odd hours also... are you still up or just getting up at 4am?I am still up, usually fixing or building pc's while I putt about on here in between waiting for things to happen... Also dude, don't forget what I told ya about getting parts from the states... the ONLY person that I could and would recommend to any Aussie (and there are now quite a few of us buying from him) is Ronnie from www.lewiscustomcycles.com . This guy is something else! He is ALL about customer service and he does great prices on parts and shipping... even getting genuine HD stuff is cheaper off him because his shipping is SO much cheaper then chicago Harley Davidson who now refuse to use anybody other than DHL... OUCH!! Trust me and give him a try... I wouldn't recommend him to another Aussie if I wasn't 100% sold on this dude and I have already imported over $20k worth of stuff from him without incident!! Which is more than I can say for my purchases from others over there!! Give him a try! Tell him you're one of my mates and he will look after you... ask "KARA" on here and a few of the others... they are all ecstatic with him! Don't buy local, it's a ripoff... if you intend getting over $1000 AUS from Ronnie, let me know and we will sort something out for you to minimise hassles etc etc!

DeanO

Old 10-28-2007 | 06:48 PM
ausstu
Intermediate

Could be interested in this, Let me know how much you want, and when you would like to sell - bearing in mind I don' t have the bike till next year.
So there is no rush.

You have just saved me some dollars on the oil cooler - looks good though!

Stuart

It works perfectly, looks good and I have had no problems with it at all.... however I am thinking of selling it and getting the genuine hd silver plated one.... let me know if you are interested as it is still AS NEW (probably done 500km's with it on the bike) plus you can manually set the odometer back to match your one so you don't have to worry about it saying that your bike has more km's on it than it actually does... if I do sell it, the one feature I will REALLY miss and it's the one I have on display whenever I am riding is the cylinder head temperate... I know exactly what the bike is doing and can tell everybody with great certainty that adding the genuine HD oil cooler did absolutely nothing to lower the temperature of the bike I reckon synthetic oil is the way to go.

DeanO

PS: It only takes about 4 minutes to install the speedo... let me know if you are interested... I still have all the original packaging ete etc...

ORIGINAL: ausstu

Deano,

Sorry for the off topic reply, but how are finding your Thundermax speedo, Any problems??. Also where did you purchase it??. I am considering it for my Fatty, with the Tmax controller.

Regards

Stuart

Old 10-29-2007 | 06:59 AM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

I only bought it for looks ... so I wasn't THAT disappointed when the cylinder head temp read pretty much the same as before. The speedo will still be in great condition when you are ready so just let me know and I will let you know if I still wanna sell it....

As for Ronnie, I would definitely recommend him. Once when something went missing that we didn't insure (a set of v&h pipes) he covered it himself and sent me another set... how many re-sellers would do that? You will end up way better off dealing with him for almost everything... and yes I got the speedo off him also ... infact I pretty much bought everything off him and am still buying stuff to re-sell to other people I know etc etc.

DeanO

Could be interested in this, Let me know how much you want, and when you would like to sell - bearing in mind I don' t have the bike till next year.
So there is no rush.

Stuart

It works perfectly, looks good and I have had no problems with it at all.... however I am thinking of selling it and getting the genuine hd silver plated one.... let me know if you are interested as it is still AS NEW (probably done 500km's with it on the bike) plus you can manually set the odometer back to match your one so you don't have to worry about it saying that your bike has more km's on it than it actually does... if I do sell it, the one feature I will REALLY miss and it's the one I have on display whenever I am riding is the cylinder head temperate... I know exactly what the bike is doing and can tell everybody with great certainty that adding the genuine HD oil cooler did absolutely nothing to lower the temperature of the bike I reckon synthetic oil is the way to go.

DeanO

PS: It only takes about 4 minutes to install the speedo... let me know if you are interested... I still have all the original packaging ete etc...

Deano,

Sorry for the off topic reply, but how are finding your Thundermax speedo, Any problems??. Also where did you purchase it??. I am considering it for my Fatty, with the Tmax controller.

Regards

Stuart

Old 10-31-2007 | 03:06 PM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

So what deal did John end up doing you on the fatboy? Did you order in custom color??

DeanO

So there is no rush.

Stuart

Old 11-01-2007 | 12:48 AM
ausstu
Intermediate

Pretty much retail (maybe $200 off), colour is Candy Red Sunglo.

What I have found out is the diference in ordering parts from him, as opposed to ordering via USA. Save about 50% from US. Only prob. is the Aux lights, braided cables, grips etc, I don't think I would feel comfortable doing myself!

Stuart

So what deal did John end up doing you on the fatboy? Did you order in custom color??

DeanO

So there is no rush.

Stuart

Old 11-01-2007 | 04:24 AM
dmac1968
|
Road Warrior

I buy ALL my parts from the US and I just drop them down to the local Harley dealer and pay them to put them on... they don't charge any more because I didn't buy it from them.... Also, I ring all three or four HD Dealers and get a FIXED quote and number of hours for each job and take it to whoever is cheaper... if you are in Sydney HOG you get 10% off labour at Trivett too I think and they are generally less busy than the other two so you are not waiting weeks to book the bike in..... I recommend ordering all the bits from the US.... especially seeing as though you have the time up your sleeves!

DeanO

What I have found out is the diference in ordering parts from him, as opposed to ordering via USA. Save about 50% from US. Only prob. is the Aux lights, braided cables, grips etc, I don't think I would feel comfortable doing myself!

Stuart

DeanO

So there is no rush.

Stuart

Old 11-01-2007 | 11:57 AM
ausstu
Intermediate

Now that sounds like a good idea!

I buy ALL my parts from the US and I just drop them down to the local Harley dealer and pay them to put them on... they don't charge any more because I didn't buy it from them.... Also, I ring all three or four HD Dealers and get a FIXED quote and number of hours for each job and take it to whoever is cheaper... if you are in Sydney HOG you get 10% off labour at Trivett too I think and they are generally less busy than the other two so you are not waiting weeks to book the bike in..... I recommend ordering all the bits from the US.... especially seeing as though you have the time up your sleeves!

DeanO

Stuart

DeanO

So there is no rush.

Stuart

Quick Reply: Pics of Fatty with MORE new bits on!!